Discuss Lighting Not Working - Help! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I know, thank you. Bristol is a bit far though but I have passed on the details of a friend of mine much nearer :)
SC you don't want to venture to that neck of the wood me babber, they all talk funny and have strange habits, trust me I know, I was that spark who worked there, had to get out fo fear of growing 6 fingers.:):D

sounds like your house was wired exactly to what the architects drawings stated, is lighting just 1 circuit? or is 1 of the hallways included in the up/down stairs lighting circuit and the bedrooms on another?

if youre not fussed about a bit of redecorating in the garage id just allow for patches to be taken out to hide the cables in the garage if you decide to hard wire them in, or could go for the council house favourite of trunking ;)
Well inside the garage is bare breeze blocks, so the existing wiring is all exposed apart from a bit of trunking coming down from ceiling level to the switch (albeit there is no ceiling, which is why you can see the wires). It's probably an easy job for somebody who knows what they're doing.

SC you don't want to venture to that neck of the wood me babber, they all talk funny and have strange habits, trust me I know, I was that spark who worked there, had to get out fo fear of growing 6 fingers.:):D
You only have 5 fingers? I have 8 and two thumbs.

Well inside the garage is bare breeze blocks, so the existing wiring is all exposed apart from a bit of trunking coming down from ceiling level to the switch (albeit there is no ceiling, which is why you can see the wires). It's probably an easy job for somebody who knows what they're doing.

You only have 5 fingers? I have 8 and two thumbs.
if its exposed woodwork its a few hours/half day of work depending on size of garage, wouldnt be too hard too do, anything is possible

Reply to Lighting Not Working - Help! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock