Discuss Lighting strike on property. high ZE and arking when testing. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I understand where you're coming from @essex, the test is the test is the test. However, I welcome any information from the installation manager about existing faults or issues.

I do agree to a certain point. As in I want to know that x is not working in y place.

The amount of garden paths I have seen other people led up searching in areas because someone pointed them in a certain direction to no avail is silly.

I disagree, knowing what sort of damage can occur from a strike you can pay even more attention to that. Same as flood damage I would inspect all circuits however take a closer look at those circuits immediately effected by the flood.
I couldn’t agree more. Particularly in this case. I’m 95% certain it relates to the strike. I think it’s always best to get as much information out of the tenant or whoever about when and how the fault occurred etc. He may give you some clues e.g. lighting strike, flood damage. You would naturally pay more attention to this when commencing your tests

Having lived in a country when lightning was frequent during storms, I have seen sockets blown out of the walls, breakers destroyed, airial intake supply cables melted, etc. And the Regs give it a will of the wisp title transient voltages

Reply to Lighting strike on property. high ZE and arking when testing. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, looking for some ideas on this. I went to an address on Tuesday following a storm where property has been struck by lightning. When the...
Replies
Views
I am never quite sure if I am doing too little or too much when someone has a flood and I am called in. The most recent example is a chap has had...
Replies
Views
So I am a fully qualified spark with my own company, however I also have a few properties I rent out. One of my tenants asked if they can have an...
Replies
Views
First post on here, but i'm honesty at my wits end! I installed four Lutron in-line dimmers about 9 months ago, all on the same new lighting...
Replies
Views
I know how I was taught to test a RCD, 6 tests in all two no go, two under 300 mS and 2 under 40 mS with no load. But thinking about it not so...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock