Discuss Lightning Protection annual inspection form in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

laxmi

Hi,

I am currently doing Lightning Protection Annual Inspection. Could you please give a direction where can I find a template (form).

Thanks

Lax

Well at a rough guess, I suppose if you tried a google search of BS EN62305 you'd probably find the forms you need.
Google isn't quite as easy as getting someone on an internet forum to do the work for you though is it?

Well i've just spent a bit of time looking up these so called ''Certificate of Compliance to BS EN 62305'' and if thats what they call a LP system inspection & testing regime something somewhere is very wrong. To be honest it's a bloody joke, most of it seems to rely on visual inspection rather than any physical electrical testing to prove conformance. The only testing recorded, is that of the earth electrode system....

I think i'll stick to my own LP testing certificate (that also includes marked up, as built drawings) that i have been using for the last 30 odd years, the last update i made to my template was to include SPD's some years ago. Whoever comes after me, will have a complete, easy to follow system record of every connection and joint resistance for both the roof air conductors and the down conductors along with it's earth electrode system...

Reply to Lightning Protection annual inspection form in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all My Fluke tester failed on one test today while having it's annual calibration, the continuity resistance test current. Test Current -...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, looking at doing Initial and Periodic inspecting and testing. Looking between the CandG and EAL Just wondering if I can ask peoples...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am seeking a 1 day Lightning protection system inspection and test course in the east Anglia, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire area. A google...
Replies
Views
all currently working towards my 2391 c&g I&T . I know how to calculate v.d. but the mock test I found online seems a bit out of date or I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am installing a custom sized (15ft X 17Ft) Aluminium pergola in my backyard on a concrete with tiles. The Aluminium pergola and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock