Discuss Lightwave switches/sockets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes but I do take the time to ring manufacturers and seek advice directly from them ..... lightwave fell well short when I last spoke to them

Problem is that far too many people think a forum knows more about a product than a manufacturer ...... what a forum will do is tell you more about a products reliability and their support than anything else
So you personally have had issues with them in the past? Although initially you didnt want to say! That is exactly why i started the thread.

This was back in 2014 ............. not exactly upto date feedback

I'm certain that if you call Lightwave today they will be happy to confirm that their products are better than ever, that they are the ideal choice and that their customer support is top notch.

There really is no need to ask ones contemporaries for real world experience when the people selling the kit will be very happy to tell you whatever you want to hear.

o_O

Got the lightwave in my living/dining room for the last 2 years no problems with it, easy to fit just like a normal 13amp socket just need 35 mm backbox, no Neutrals needed at light switches so nice and easy for retro fitting, also used it to sort out a shared neutral on a 2 way switch for a customer that had had a board change ( by someone else not me )
Just think since they teamed up with Apple the price has go up

Fitted 1st generation recently (as per spec). Not the worst, agree on the 35mm boxes. The switches work on a master-slave system for 2-way so your intermediate setup would consist of a master & 2 slaves. Bit of working out to do beforehand to make sure you've got everything the right way round. They don't do every configuration of master/slave on the 3 & 4-gangs so this can catch you out too.

LEDs can be difficult depending on your client's lighting choices.

Can't speak for newer generations.

Reply to Lightwave switches/sockets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net