Discuss Like for like replacement test or not in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Been to a job replacing 4 X boxes which consist of 2 X 16 amp socket outlets on front and individual RCBO protection for each socket inside the water proof box, now the 4 boxes are on one circuit with the last box being 20m away from panel and is fed in 25mm 2 core, the panel which the boxes are fed has no overcurrent protection or switch, fuse, mcb to isolate them and are tapped straight into the incoming terminals that feed the panel, the panel is fed from a 200amp MCCB at the mains position and has a lot of other panels fed from that MCCB, I’m not sure where I stand as I’m just changing the boxes like for like do I need MWC and the panel needing some sort of fuse at the panel as id say it’s a code 2 and you have no ADS there
Thanks

The current carrying capacity of the 25mm won't be north of 100A and that's before considering any rating factors or voltage drop. I take it there's a 16A RCBO protecting each 16A BS4343 socket, therefore the weakness is the supply cable and the fact there's no upstream protection or means of isolation, if it's straight off the incomer. Don't touch it with a barge pole, unless your quote to fully correct the installation is accepted.

The current carrying capacity of the 25mm won't be north of 100A and that's before considering any rating factors or voltage drop. I take it there's a 16A RCBO protecting each 16A BS4343 socket, therefore the weakness is the supply cable and the fact there's no upstream protection or means of isolation, if it's straight off the incomer. Don't touch it with a barge pole, unless your quote to fully correct the installation is accepted.
Thanks and yes each socket has it’s own individual RCBO and I’ll let customer know the situation

Reply to Like for like replacement test or not in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net