Discuss like victor meldrew i dont believe it .string lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
had a call yesterday customer telling me the cooker has gone of and could I look at it .well now the customer tells me that every time he put on the out side lights (XMAS) ones the old string lights the type you find on the Blackpool front ,that the their is a fault .
so me was thinking ok ,plugged in the lights and see what we get .
waited and the mcb tripped .now why would the cooker circuit go off.
me was thinking .
push the test button ,nowt .started turning the mcb off again to show which .breaker is feeding the cooker circuit ,because all on the c/u showed sockets only . and all of a sudden the rcd tripped .
I opened the box front and see what I see . now this c/u was fitted about 14 years ago .
upload_2018-12-19_15-59-5.png
now looking at it again saw the fault laid on the lighting circuit on the non rcd side the neutral came on to the rcd side and the c88P left by the idiot person .

he could have not been any stupid .shocking is the word ,the customer is a engineer by trade .and he would not guess a thing like that worked for 14 years .F88KING customers they want their heads reading has well.
my suspicions he might have done it .with all the gear in is garage like cutters and tools ,even PETE would have drawled in their .

Is that one 6A mcb for each light pendant in the house?

Nuisance RCD tripping and some clown has bypassed the RCD. Obviously test button not been tried every 3 months as advised.

I take it you isolated the board elsewhere?, the mainswitch is on.

I take it you isolated the board elsewhere?, the mainswitch is on.
i did that to see if any body clock it well done .
I did not expect that .the house was like fort knox that why i left the isolator in up position .and did not pull the isolated till the last minute
And alarm banging in my ear drums .i felt like qosymodo the bells .

Last edited:

Reply to like victor meldrew i dont believe it .string lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net