Discuss List of countries that follow BS7671 or thereabouts in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Australia have their regs that are almost the same as UK regs. However, as a form of local employment protection you will have to obtain your relevant state licence dependant on what you wish to do here.

I would want to do domestic really, I haven't had much commercial work yet so I would only feel comfortable doing that. Thanks for the info!

Hi All
I live in Cyprus. I am an Eastern Electricity Board trained electrician with over 50 years experience and hold a C&G 17th edition 2011/12 certificate.
To work here you must register with the professional registery ETEK and to do so you must demonstrate qualifications or retake all the local examinations.
You will not be allowed to design any installations! This has to be done by a qualified Electrical Engineer.
This being said I have not seen any installation here (except my own) which would pass a UK inspection

Hi All
I live in Cyprus. I am an Eastern Electricity Board trained electrician with over 50 years experience and hold a C&G 17th edition 2011/12 certificate.
To work here you must register with the professional registery ETEK and to do so you must demonstrate qualifications or retake all the local examinations.
You will not be allowed to design any installations! This has to be done by a qualified Electrical Engineer.
This being said I have not seen any installation here (except my own) which would pass a UK inspection

Hi OldSparks, thanks for that useful info mate, is there much work over there or is work hard to find?

Reply to List of countries that follow BS7671 or thereabouts in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock