Discuss List of test... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Sparky12021986

hey everybody just need clarification to a question i think i got the right answer so here goes....

Q. List in the correct sequence the tests required for an installation to comply with BS 7671.

A. Continuity test
A. Insulation resistance test
A. Polarity test
A. Earth fault loop impedance
A. PSCC and PEFC if not determined by enquiry of the distributor.
A. Functional testing including, testing of RCD's and operation of all switchgear.

earth electrode/ze is missing between a and a

sorry there should of explained a bit better but i dont need an earth electrode test done as that is only required for TT systems i am working with TN systems so all is needed is a Earth Fault Loop Impedance test..

you just writting earth fault loop impediance, doesnt buy it for me, plus, ring final circuit conductors, and if was new install would differ from exisiting,

you just writting earth fault loop impediance, doesnt buy it for me, plus, ring final circuit conductors, and if was new install would differ from exisiting,

ring final circuit conductors comes under the same test as continuity, continiuty of conductors are to include protective conductors including main and supplementary bonding conductors, also ring final circuit conductors including protective conductors..

Visual inspection should also be before any of thoses

I wouldn't count visual inspection in the sequence of tests. They are completely seperate, hence why they call it Inspection AND Testing.

Inspection is done using the senses. Testing is done using test equipment.

nah, there seperate tests and if you look at the lists in most books there separate, all depends on what level you doing this... but your pretty dam close ;)

im getting proximity to electrical and other services,,, you wouldnt be using he book too older regs, hahah

your right to the on site guide, but this opens up completely when your a man, and what about vold drop..

your pretty dam close tho

ok your pretty much right

im getting proximity to electrical and other services,,, you wouldnt be using he book too older regs, hahah

your right to the on site guide, but this opens up completely when your a man, and what about vold drop..

your pretty dam close tho

ok your pretty much right

Thank you that is all i wanted to know was that i was right or wrong..

If this is for an exam, then realy you should have two tests for continuity.
One for continuity of CPCs and bonding conductors.
The other for continuity of RFC conductors.

Dead Tests
Continuity of protective conductors (including main and supplementary bonding)
Continuity of Ring Final Circuit conductors
Insulation Resistance
Polarity (can be done while carrying out continuity of cpcs)

Live Tests
External Earth Fault Loop Impedance (Ze)
Prospective Fault Current (PEFC & PSCC)
Earth Fault Loop Impedance (Zs)
Functional Tests

Reply to List of test... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock