Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss little help with volt drop calc in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. jon4381

jon4381 DIY

Hi everyone just a little confused,when calculating volt drop using table 4Ab do you measure the voltage of the installation and use that value to calculate or do you just use the 230 volt value

2. pete555

pete555 Regular EF Member

not sure what voltage has got to do with calc for volts drop

3. Baker1988

Baker1988 Electrician's Arms

Hi if you are calculating it the ohms law way (which I prefair to be honest) then yes for a single phase you would use 230 as you nominal voltage it may be a bit higher or lower if u tested the actual voltage but you would still just use 230v for the calculation

4. Baker1988

Baker1988 Electrician's Arms

I think he means to find out the maximum volt drop allowed for instance I think maximum volt drop allowed is 4% so 230 x 4 divided by 100 is 9.2 volts so maximum volt drop would be 9.2 volts.

Well that what I think he means

5. jon4381

jon4381 DIY

Thanks baker1988 that is what I was looking for.