Discuss Load question regarding new showers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening guys
I was asked a question earlier and i was unsure if my answer was correct, I was asked if I could install 3x power showers all 3 are 9.5kw I’ve been assured the water supply is more then capable, the board has a 100amp main switch
My initial reaction was no, it’s way over the the main switch and even applying diversity it would be over without what ever else is running
it’s a hmo so their is potential for all to be used at the same time.
what I’m asking is was I to hasty to say no? Or have I missed/forgotten something that would enable it to work
Your comments are appreciated

Might be an idea to find out. Don’t want to do the job to find out it’s only rated at 40 amps.

If single phase domestic then to be honest I would not install more than one as it’s pulling around 39/40 amps with no guarantee that only one shower will be used at a time despite what the user may say.

Umm...there's gadgets to stop you running more than one at a time, I recall...but that's fine for a standard household, and useless for an HMO.
I look forward to the ideas coming on...

Reply to Load question regarding new showers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. I have been asked to take over a job an electrician has started, and has moved abroad. The house is a big mansion, with a 3PH supply...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a job where customer has two families one families lives upstairs and one family will live downstairs. As the property is going through...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am an experienced DIY electrician and I just wanted to ask a quick question about something since I am new to this forum, if it hasn’t...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am looking for some advice regarding old rewireable (3036) fuse boards in regards to additions and alterations. I am an electrician and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock