Discuss Lock-off kits guys ????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Built my own up from bits and bobs that I need and use rather than a very expensive kit where half of it won't be used.

I use these locks in general though in conjunction with whatever hasp or mcb lock I need.
safety-lockout-padlocks.jpg

bought some metal mcb lock offs from ebay like these
Metal MCB RCD Miniature Circuit Breaker Lockout Lock Off Device 10 Pcs) Sale | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metal-MCB-RCD-Miniature-Circuit-Breaker-Lockout-Lock-Off-Device-10-Pcs-Sale/152227916113?epid=2152318689&hash=item23717da951:g:pu0AAOSw3gJZHK7K

Then bought some small padlocks for added protection, i was goign to buy some tags but decided to print my own on card and laminate them, use some metal key rings to attach to the lock off.
I have some old rewireable fuses blanks too, for the older boards. remove fuse and slot the universal blank on front.

Ideal one with all different lock-off devices got it cheep from Edmundsons a few years back now for £25 as they were stock taking and wanted to get it off their shelf.

bought some metal mcb lock offs from ebay like these
Metal MCB RCD Miniature Circuit Breaker Lockout Lock Off Device 10 Pcs) Sale | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metal-MCB-RCD-Miniature-Circuit-Breaker-Lockout-Lock-Off-Device-10-Pcs-Sale/152227916113?epid=2152318689&hash=item23717da951:g:pu0AAOSw3gJZHK7K

Then bought some small padlocks for added protection, i was goign to buy some tags but decided to print my own on card and laminate them, use some metal key rings to attach to the lock off.
I have some old rewireable fuses blanks too, for the older boards. remove fuse and slot the universal blank on front.

I have a handful of those mcb locks and have a couple of niggles with them. The pointed screws make a mess of mcb levers so have to be filed down. With most metal boards now having top hinged covers you can't get a terminal driver to the screw at the mcb.

I have a handful of those mcb locks and have a couple of niggles with them. The pointed screws make a mess of mcb levers so have to be filed down. With most metal boards now having top hinged covers you can't get a terminal driver to the screw at the mcb.
you are correct about the hinged lids getting in the way. the screws can vary between makes some are flat others pointed/curved.
I do have some generic plastic ones i can use instead.

I like these, they come in various sizes etc:

MLCOM_PRODUCT_S2390.jpg

But I also use a lot of these when a customer wants a circuit putting in but to remain locked off, we secure using a cable tie which has to be cut off, saves a costly revisit to remove a lock out:

Capture.JPG

Reply to Lock-off kits guys ????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net