Discuss Loft Light - Please Check my Diagram in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

How would you do it? Open to suggestions? Is it easier to just do it in series as it were ie go junction box then to switch then to light fitting, rather than have them come off the junction box seperately?
Probably means take a mains in and out of the switch eliminates the need for a junction box.
Your proposed way will work tho I don't mind telling it's a friendly forum after all

Probably means take a mains in and out of the switch eliminates the need for a junction box.
Your proposed way will work tho I don't mind telling it's a friendly forum after all

Thanks Ian. It is called the DIY forum after all isn't it. Certainly anything more complex than this I would get someone in for. But I just can't afford it at the moment and it's pretty urgent. I will update tomorrow on how it went :)

I charge for my advice....

OK. Well it is the DIY thread so it feels a bit redundant to come here, say you wouldn't do it that way then when asked how you would say you charge for advice. But thanks for the contribution, if that's what it can be called, anyway ☺

if everyone used some common sense, bought a few beers, bottle of wine, or some 70%proof, save the NHS millions. not only save, but inject a fortune by way of tax,duty,vat, and any other robbery the gov. can ----- out of us.apparently,smokers are the best contributors. the tax on smokes is 10 times the cost to the NHS of treating smoking related diseases, but with smokers, treatment is shorter by 10 years because we die, smoking for the country and no medals after.

...And don't forget that 68% of all statistics,are made up on the spot ;)

the tax on smokes is 10 times the cost to the NHS of treating smoking related diseases, but with smokers, treatment is shorter by 10 years because we die, smoking for the country and no medals after.

So based on that logic we'd all be better off if you smokers got on with it and commuted suicide.

It'd help with the overpopulation of the country too.

No but I have stuff to move in there to clear a room for other usage and that is urgent and will affect income.

Oh my golly gosh, you have to clear a room.
How will an installed light fitting make a difference that a lead light or a torch won't?

Oh my golly gosh, you have to clear a room.
How will an installed light fitting make a difference that a lead light or a torch won't?
I don't have a head torch. Holding a torch means I can't carry things. And having proper lighting is safer. Anything else?

Reply to Loft Light - Please Check my Diagram in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net