Discuss London Fat Cats extravaganza in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
so, them rich fat cats down London have had their ludicrously expensive fireworks by the big wheel, next to the open Tames sewer.
apart from releasing thousands of cubic yards of toxic gases into the atmosphere in spite of the climate change tree-huggers, the cost would have provided 2 million African children with food, clean water, and medicine for a year, or maybe paid the management of Save the Children's salary and perks for a fortnight.

me cynical???? nah.

You do wonder whether anyone takes those fumes into account!
Perhaps someone will start a thread saying that we are now even closer to the end!
You could have cut the length of the show by 80% and still been impressive.
The crescendo was immense I will add. The pixels on the tv let out a moan when it was all over.

so, them rich fat cats down London have had their ludicrously expensive fireworks by the big wheel, next to the open Tames sewer.
apart from releasing thousands of cubic yards of toxic gases into the atmosphere in spite of the climate change tree-huggers, the cost would have provided 2 million African children with food, clean water, and medicine for a year, or maybe paid the management of Save the Children's salary and perks for a fortnight.

me cynical???? nah.

Its all ok mate, they did put out a few adverts out over xmas and just £3 a month from each of us will cover the fireworks lol

It did bring in 73 million of tourism which will probably mostly be sent back to European countries but still! At least the wind was blowing that way!

It did bring in 73 million of tourism which will probably mostly be sent back to European countries but still! At least the wind was blowing that way!
and some of that 73m will probably be spent on that ridiculous HS2 railway that we don't want up here. let them carve up the south east green belts. anywhere south of birmingham should be concrete anyway.

73 million for last night? That's impressive.

Anyway, good, India's Space Programme needs a major cash injection asap and now it may get one. Come on Theresa....get it sorted!!

she can't sort the EU out, what chance does she have with the punka wallas?

Last night got a little to much IMHO when the London eye lit up as the EU flag. It should've been a night where Leave and Remainers came together but Khan had to make it political.

Without all the fireworks, when would we have known 2019 had started?

I didn’t see it. I was watching jools Holland on Two.
My wife’s brother in law was one of the Scots Gaurds pipers.
He’s done it a few times now, and yet again, no autographs. The man doesn’t think.
He really p**sed off his wife by sending a backstage photo of him and Buble

Without all the fireworks, when would we have known 2019 had started?

It's 2019 already.:eek:

That was a waste of £2.3million (on me at least) minus £1m in ticket sales plus possibly another million in extra Policing and security.

Madness (the group) probably cost another £100 :rolleyes:

If you don't live in London then F Off!!! its our issues to complain about not yours........

Oh and a happy new year to you too ;o))))

Telectrix is just gutted as the fireworks would of hidden the noise of him jemmy'ing the uPVC doors around the Thames (notice the spelling)

I was in bed by ten, so didn't see them. Friggin neighbours woke me up, with their pathetic fireworks. All over in 2 minutes, took me two hours to get back to sleep.

I was in bed by ten, so didn't see them. Friggin neighbours woke me up, with their pathetic fireworks. All over in 2 minutes, took me two hours to get back to sleep.
Sounds a bit "pervy" to me......

London Fat Cats extravaganza Screenshot 2019-01-02 at 21.00.06 - EletriciansForums.net

I noticed that the seatruck in the local harbour let off its fog horn on the stroke of midnight

It could be heard for miles.

Reply to London Fat Cats extravaganza in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock