Discuss Londons Burning in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi all,

Good point, it just seems that they all shift sides in the Houses of Parliament. So it is debateable who is in power or not, I guess.
As for riots: It seems that we have times like this when things are tough and unrest boils over.

Just hope it gets better for everyone.

Best wishes,

Rex

As someone who frequently works not two minuets from Broadwater farm in Bruce grove just off the Tottenham High Road, I can tell you this is a very very dangerous area, in broad daylight I don't feel too threatened walking back and forth to the van, night time my ring would be twitching, I am old enough to remember the Broad water farm riots in which a police officer PC Keith Blakelock got hacked to death with a machete, Winston Silcott was jailed for that and subsequently released some years later, I have still seen him around there,there IS only one solution to this activity it's stops this type of riot in it's tracks and that is Water cannon,preferably with chemical additives to irritate the eyes, it has proved to work in NI and the politicians here need to have the BALLS to authorise it's use, hundreds of thousands of pounds was lost in this riot, much of which will NOT be insured risk, people nearly died, all because of low life scum that think they are 'Yanky Gangstas'..They are not they are just criminals who have no life of there own so they want to fk over everyone else..The kid that got shot which sparked this off, which of course is subject to an IPCC investigation, allegedly fired first at a police officer is part of a generation of disillusioned youths that think they live in a movie, drugs guns,sex and fast cars...I guess you know why most of them walk round with their jeans half way down their --- ?..because thats how the the young offenders in the states wear them, after the Police take the belts away..No sympathy at all for any of them, if I was an armed cop and someone pulled a tool on me I would take them out..and not lose a nights sleep over it..Good riddance to bad rubbish

Law and order is the cornerstone of any civilised society
It can be achieved through democratic means or it can be enforced by governments

Either way,if it breaks down it is very bad news for us all

Some of the rioters may think they were getting at the police or enemy as they see them,but they themselves and their community itself will be the ones to pay the price for this madness, whilst the rest of society gets on with their lives

Unfortunately I'm old enough to remember the Toxteth St Pauls riot all those years ago and it is systematic of life without hope which is returning to the UK once again, this time though will much dire consequences.

A minority of these young people are as Steve said basic criminals, but they have a fertile ground of many others that can see no hope stretching far into the future. No job, no money, no prospects and it is easy to pull these into this kind of activity. After all if you have nothing, what consequences are going to befall you if you destroy something.

I saw that community leaders and the community in general feel angry about last night, but these kids have no belief in belonging except in the gangs that they belong to, so the community is non existent there.

i think what Steve said was spot on. these idiots who caused a riot because they wanted justice over some drug dealing "gangster" who got what he deserves after shooting a cop, now that makes sense " we want justice because you shot our friend-family member this is the same gangster who order the death of his cousin. he's better of dead. IMO. Plus being an Arsenal fan Tottenham burning is an added bonus. :rofl:

Funny isn't it...I don't remember the White residents and relatives of PC Keith Blakelock burning buildings and rioting when he got hacked to death,it's all BOLLOX the Black community has an epidemic of gun and gang culture, they know it, and we know it,the Black community always blame the Police for everything, if they do nothing..they whine, if they tackle violent crime.. they claim it's full of racists,Black on Black crime and Post code gangs are rife,the community, the very same community that whine that nothing is being done, hides these people...and while they do...every day young predominantly male kids die on our streets..it's all everyone else's' fault...never theirs I am sick of hearing it

Funny isn't it...I don't remember the White residents and relatives of PC Keith Blakelock burning buildings and rioting when he got hacked to death,it's all BOLLOX the Black community has an epidemic of gun and gang culture, they know it, and we know it,the Black community always blame the Police for everything, if they do nothing..they whine, if they tackle violent crime.. they claim it's full of racists,Black on Black crime and Post code gangs are rife,the community, the very same community that whine that nothing is being done, hides these people...and while they do...every day young predominantly male kids die on our streets..it's all everyone else's' fault...never theirs I am sick of hearing it

OH, Steve spot on again, one thing i Hate more then Tottenham, is the race card he was carrying a gun HE shot at the officer first, so HE deserves to be Killed

what makes me laugh is they keep saying its a small minatory. its most of London. just one big gang selling drugs mugging OAP doing what they want, and when they get killed or stoped by police its cos i is black init.

Reply to Londons Burning in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net