Discuss Looking cool back in the day, for the older guys in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I still pop the handtools into whatever pocket is available... Nowadays have to watch which pocket stores the iPhone - don't want to scratch the screen...
And my bodyshape has changed since 1996. Too much weight in the jeans pockets, and I'm hiking them back up every 20 minutes.
I had the metal cantilever toolbox... now I carry a plastic bucket onto jobs with whatever tools and materials I think I need... Come back out with same tools hopefully and the rubbish.

Back then, our choice of radio stations was radio 1 for the young-uns... radio 2 for the oldies and one local radio station if we could pick it up.
On a lucky day, we were allowed to play a cassette tape of your own favourite tunes.... and pray the dust filled, paint covered cassette player didn't chew up the tape.

In the coal mine,my first tool holder was a made up piece of felt with some screws and nuts holding it together and a fold for threading your belt through

It contained a pair of pliers and nothing more, but once it became a part of your dress code,it made the statement to others "I am an electrician"as an apprentice it was a matter of pride to wear it more so than a matter of usefulness

Whats all the talk about back pocket tools,the front pockets are where I have always hooked a pair of cutters,with one half of the handle outside and one inside so that its convenient and it makes you quick on the draw

Whats all the talk about back pocket tools,the front pockets are where I have always hooked a pair of cutters,with one half of the handle outside and one inside so that its convenient and it makes you quick on the draw[/QUOTE]

I'm with you there Des.......but I dropped and lost a pair of pretty new un's last month. :mad:

Where do you store your hand tools when they are not needed all the time, and please don't say in my posh tool bag that cost more than all your tool put together.

This is a rather embarrassing admission, but I've just succumbed and bought a new tool bag, just 'cos it had a light on top, so you can see your tools in the dark. Except I don't work when its dark, save when there's a total eclipse, which is not till 2026 and I won't be needed it then.

What a idiot :oops:

This is a rather embarrassing admission, but I've just succumbed and bought a new tool bag, just 'cos it had a light on top, so you can see your tools in the dark. Except I don't work when its dark, save when there's a total eclipse, which is not till 2026 and I won't be needed it then.

What a idiot :oops:
No Mate not an idiot, a tool tart, or in your case a tool bag tart, it's a bit like a women's passion for anything handbag related. You know what will come next don't you? Louis Vuitton tool bags, if they ever did, sure as eggs are eggs some clown would buy one.

Thinking back, I wore as did the other sparks, boiler suits. Have no idea where we put our side cutters/snips. Last job in the car factory at Oxford circa 1984, was in the paint shop, where you could only wear paper overalls, to prevent dust build up. They didn't even have pockets, and if you moved too quick, you'd rip the arse out of them. Guess we must of stored 'em handle wise, in our shreddies :D

No Mate not an idiot, a tool tart, or in your case a tool bag tart, it's a bit like a women's passion for anything handbag related. You know what will come next don't you? Louis Vuitton tool bags, if they ever did, sure as eggs are eggs some clown would buy one.

Its alright, had time to think about over the weekend. I could tell her indoors, its the latest fashion in handbags and got it for her for Xmas. She might go for it.

Its alright, had time to think about over the weekend. I could tell her indoors, its the latest fashion in handbags and got it for her for Xmas. She might go for it.
You have two hopes of that happening, Bob Hope and No Hope

Dunno, its black & yellow, got lovely little light for finding you lip stick in the bottom of the bag and its got a shoulder strap. It's full of pockets & compartments, what more could she want :rolleyes:
Sounds like you have bought a Klein Bag, yes? you could tell her it's a Calvin Klein bag

Get stoooffed, and have the P taken, embarrassed enough as it is.
Damage done already Mate, may as well show us a pic, otherwise people will keep ob about you and your new bag, come on be a Man get yer camera out ,it'll soon forgotten honest.

Alright then.

She wouldn't have it, so I'm stuck with it.

Unfortunately, I bought it off Amazon, and in my hot headiness I didn't note it was coming from the US (along with extra taxes & shipping) :eek:

So here's a library picture;
upload_2017-8-29_16-49-41.jpeg
Just needs some tools to go in it now.

Alright then.

She wouldn't have it, so I'm stuck with it.

Unfortunately, I bought it off Amazon, and in my hot headiness I didn't note it was coming from the US (along with extra taxes & shipping) :eek:

So here's a library picture;
View attachment 37975
Just needs some tools to go in it now.
So the Calvin Klein tack is out of the question, where do you go from here Mate? never seen a Womens hand bag with De Walt plastered all over it, could be the start of a new trend His and Hers matching handbags and tool bags.

So the Calvin Klein tack is out of the question, where do you go from here Mate? never seen a Womens hand bag with De Walt plastered all over it, could be the start of a new trend His and Hers matching handbags and tool bags.

See you making me feel bad now. Its even got a space for me business card, the one with the wrong email address on :(

PS his was better than those others.

PPS is that Rod

Reply to Looking cool back in the day, for the older guys in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net