Discuss Looking for a CB200 Fire Panel???? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pazzaelec

Hi and thansk in advance, i am looking for a CB200 alarm panel as a job i have tthe existing one has been a bit battered any one know were i can get my hands one one?

Thanks again Rob

Hi pazzaelec, welcome to the forum :)

Any reason why you cannot fit a new panel of a different model?

Last edited:
Yes I could just I thought if it was like for like be a lot easier as its only the buttons that are damaged.

Which panel would you recommend?

Thanks for for your help

That would be Tazz's area, I'm sure other members could give input here as well as I've not done any conventional FA systems in a while so cannot advise on what's out there now. I take it you were just going to swap the front cover hence trying to source a like for like, nice and quick if you could pick one off the shelf.

Replace it with something else. Them CB200s are an absolute load or rubbish. Bang a Haes or Kentec in there. Will probably be the same price if not cheaper as the CB200 (if they are even still available!) and will be substantially better quality.

CB200 is a discontinued panel....so only chance is ebay or used the new Fike Pro.....as above this system is the pits & possibly the worsted panel ever made for faults.
If you change the panel you will also need to change all detection & call points, but it is cheaper than Fike equipment. Being a 2 wire system using sav bases and Apollo S65 detection will work on 2 wire Kentec or Haes panels, and will save rewiring the job. Good thing will be if you replace, the system will be trouble free for years.

The fike twin wire system is different from the 2 wire Haes/Kentec system. Fike is its own little protocol monitoring detection and call points individually. Haes/Kentec, just reverse polarity on alarm activation, hence the need to wire sounders/bells reversed

Reply to Looking for a CB200 Fire Panel???? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net