Discuss Looking for advice cooker 6mm cable in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Philo

-
Reaction score
Hi all, looking for some advice. I have removed electric cooker, and was wondering can I use the 6mm cable to conect some double and single sockets or could I use the cable to create a ring main. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I think he means extending the existing, redundant circuit to some sockets. Not reuse the cable as such.

The 6mm could be used to feed a contactor or isolator and a ring final installed from this.
In essence it would be a hybrid circuit.
As long as the essential testing is carried out, it’s acceptable.

Last edited:
Aside from the general silliness we were just looking for your level of expertise and access to test equipment so we could tailor our responses to suit. :)

Ok lads, by your response to my question the answer is no I can't run sockets or use as a ring main. Thanks for the advice.
Yes you can providing the relevant regulations are followed and the alterations are inspected and tested by the required means.
You could even install a radial circuit, with the 6mm being the first point on the circuit and go from there.
All as long as the relevant regulations are complied with, rcd protection etc etc.

Hi @Philo . You can have sockets added to this. There are a few ways to do this. I would recommend that you talk to an electrician for this though. Get a few quotes and take it from there. The advantage of an electrician doing the work is that you will get a test cert at the end.

Reply to Looking for advice cooker 6mm cable in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net