Discuss Looking for advice!! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I am an electricians mate with 5 years of working in the trade and failing my am2 so waiting a resit.

I am looking for a bit of advice about working with agency's, on Thursday I was asked to go and work for a agency for £15 ph, I agreed and they got me all set up and I quit my other job.

Then on Friday I receive a call saying they didn't want a mate they just want a spark now, as I've quit another job for this it's really ----ed me off as Christmas is comming up and there isn't much work in my area. But is this legal for the agency to do ? As we had both agreed on a start date ?

TBH it was a bit of a bold move on your behalf to quit an agency job on a whim in favour of another agency job. Being agency you could of pulled a sicky for a few days to test the water at the new place. Most agency's have no morels so it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I don't think you have a leg to stand on but I wish you luck in finding work.

My eyes lit up with the extra £6ph, stupid move to do but with Christmas comming up thought it was the best idea ... so horrible that people can get away with it ! And don't give a ---- they leave people out of work with nothing atall !!

been there.done that.once had agency approached me, better wages than what i was on, needed me for immediate start. so i dumped my current job, went to the new agency. only to find that they wanted a handyman that could "do" electrics. that's after the original vacaNCY WAS POSTED AS "FULLY QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN WITH 16TH ED". immediate start. then they said that they'd pass on my details to their client and see if i was acceptable. good job the agency interviewer was a woman or a busted head would have followed.

Reply to Looking for advice!! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net