Discuss Looking for an Electrical Supplier for a Forum Sponsor - Any contacts or suggestions? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi Dan,

I support the suggestions above but my son has just started as an account manager at CEF, I'll ask if he can find out anything.
Hope he is a better choice than the ones they have in place already dk.

I know they aren't purely electrical but what about Screwfix/Electrifix. Always have what you want or need or can get it in 24 hours, and the other side has anything else you might need at decent reasonable prices, and you can order on line and collect or have delivered.

Balls I've got, Crystal their not!!

I know they aren't purely electrical but what about Screwfix/Electrifix. Always have what you want or need or can get it in 24 hours, and the other side has anything else you might need at decent reasonable prices, and you can order on line and collect or have delivered.

Balls I've got, Crystal their not!!
With what they pay their staff, don't hold your breath, and they wouldn't entertain have the Professional Electrician/Builder/Plumber sited in Electrifix for reasons only known to them. Mind you they are in the same conglomerate as B&Q. Maybe they would sponsor the forum.

Hi Dan,

We use Rexel Senate branches around the country, and a national is probs a good suggestion for the forum with members from all parts of the country. However, I'd personally say we get better support from Electric Centre (part of Edmundson's group) for product knowledge, price and service so poss another one worth trying.
TLC are certainly good for the more unusual items needed once in a blue moon.
Good luck,
Howard.

TLC is my best supplier.. only gripe I have is they only deliver to my area once a week but can use Parcelforce if necessary.
Others I use are CEF and Denmans. Cef not brilliant on prices but delivery and customer service great!

Liddell Electrical Distributors are a supplier that are also based in NI as Century Electrical Wholesale, and ROI as National Electrical Wholesale.

Don't know much about the non NI ones, but CEW are the best here that I've found.

Rexel own loads of smaller companies like Denmans, Wilts, electribase? Rexel are French I think, very money driven like YESS - spreadsheets, accountants etc.

Personally I don't think screwedfix et al as a sponsor puts over the right image for the forum. They're glorified DIY sheds that don't supply lots of commercial/industrial materials. Fine if you're a Bran the bodger, house bashing. All that notwithstanding don't screwedfix have their own forum anyway?

My mate who was a CEF manager has just retired. However when I asked him about the forum he had no knowledge his own employer was a sponsor.

Given the love hate relationship between CEF and YESS wouldn't YESS be the obvious 'target'?

Spoke to my new CEF manager today. Apparently CEF marketing is undergoing a big change. Apparently they have 'poached' the head of marketing from Screwedfix. Might explain the lack of communications from them.

Apparently CEF are bringing out a big glossy catalogue soon (sounds like the YESS thing). If your an account holder expect useless drivel coming through the door offering great prices on loads of stuff you don't want!!

Hi All,

My name's Ivan from Electrical2go.co.uk and we are the new, very proud sponsors of your forum. As a way of saying thank you for having us we are offering all forum members a 5% discount throught Septemeber by using the code "FORUMFIVE". Their is a thread explaining a little more about us HERE. Please let me know if there is anything we can help with. Cheers, Ivan

Just thought I'd bump this up again. Could do with a couple more sponsors on board during these dodgy times we're in. Any help would be appreciated. Perhaps not an electrical supplier perse but perhaps some other company that would benefit in starting a partnership with the forum.

Just thought I'd bump this up again. Could do with a couple more sponsors on board during these dodgy times we're in. Any help would be appreciated. Perhaps not an electrical supplier perse but perhaps some other company that would benefit in starting a partnership with the forum.
You could try "Midshires Electrical Wholesalers" Northampton a very good independent outfit, good prices.
MIDSHIRES ELECTRICAL WHOLESALERS AND LIGHTING CROW LANE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone
I am not a professional electrician

For long I have been looking for an electrical forum where i can get Concepts related to electrical cleared.

Primarily to better understand the world of electricity and understand the difference between myths and reality.

Would this be the right forum or is it a Professionals only forum ?

Reply to Looking for an Electrical Supplier for a Forum Sponsor - Any contacts or suggestions? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock