Discuss Looking for full-time electrical work - Advice needed after redundancy in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

RDB85

-
Trainee
Reaction score
Hello,

So Friday I was told that I no longer had a job, and was finished up with immediate effect. So I have decided as I am nearly finished with my Level 2 C&G Electrical Course, that I would pursue a career in the electrical industry as a trainee or mate if possible. Rather than get another job in Development.

I am based in Liverpool, available immediately, and have a clean driving licence and my own car.

If anyone could give me some advice on the best way to gain some experience as a trainee/mate that would be great. As I am available immediately, plus I am starting my Level 3 C&G in February.

Thanks,

Rob

Not sure if you will get paid for it, but contact the maintenance depts of the local hospitals, universities, council etc... asking for work experience. the hospital are likely a good option as they are used to students doing experience before uni applications so you wouldnt be too different. The hospital by me often do a lot of maintenance at night as its largely empty and nobody in the way. so you might find you can get some experience helping.
If you dont have it get your cscs card even if trainee, it could help you when contacting the firms doing work on new developments and building projects in your area.
You could also go on some manufacturers free training courses such as AICO for heat and smoke alarms, ev charging courses. basically anything that is free and you will learn from. it sets you apart from others.

Not sure if you will get paid for it, but contact the maintenance depts of the local hospitals, universities, council etc... asking for work experience. the hospital are likely a good option as they are used to students doing experience before uni applications so you wouldnt be too different. The hospital by me often do a lot of maintenance at night as its largely empty and nobody in the way. so you might find you can get some experience helping.
If you dont have it get your cscs card even if trainee, it could help you when contacting the firms doing work on new developments and building projects in your area.
You could also go on some manufacturers free training courses such as AICO for heat and smoke alarms, ev charging courses. basically anything that is free and you will learn from. it sets you apart from others.

I have tried some electrical companies, as ideally, I need to be paid something, even if its just an apprentice wage, as no-one should work for free. I will look at a CSCS Card. Ive tried looking for some free courses, but there does not seem to be any when I have looked.

Reply to Looking for full-time electrical work - Advice needed after redundancy in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net