Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Looking for part time electricians mate work (Birmingham) in the Electricians Looking for Work / Jobs area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. DeanoRN

DeanoRN Trainee Access

Hi there,

I've started looking for for some electricians mates work, i started doing my C&G 2365 level 2 in sept and it is going surprising well and i am desperate to get out with an electrician.

My situation is i'm a 33 year old bloke who drives and would be willing to work at a reduced rate and start at the bottom of the rung so to speak cleaning up, getting tools etc to build up experience but have some various basic electrical experience obviously

my question is, will i find it hard to find part time work 3 days a week and willing to do weekends with a sparky even at a reduced rate and willingness to drive where ever the work may be with limited experience but a desire to work hard?

Also any tips would be great

Cheers

Deano

2. Jay Sparks

Jay Sparks Trusted Advisor

You could try and send a letter/email to companies explaining all the above. Include your CV as well. That's what I did years ago and out of 50 letters, I got two replies. One said thanks but nothing going at the moment, the other was for an interview. I went to the interview and go the job. It was 3 days a week and worked around my college days. It won't be easy but if you persist, you might get lucky. I used online directories to find company names, addresses etc. You could also try visiting sites near you, you never know.

Good Luck.

Jay

• Like Like x 1
  3. DeanoRN

DeanoRN Trainee Access

cheers mate, i have sent off a few cv's but nothing so far wanted to get xmas out the way and wait till the new year till i really start pushing to find some experience, it is definitely harder when you can only work 3 days a week.

hopefully summit will pop up.

Dean