Discuss looking to put 4 power showers in hotel in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi, im looking to put 4 power showers in a very small hotel, so far on the consumer unit i have b6, b6, b32, b6, b6 ,b16, b16, b32 and another b32

so i was wondering as there are another 4 spaces for mcbs could i install 4, 10.5 kw showers

shower 1: has 10m horizontal run under floorboards and a 8m vertical run in the wall

shower 2: has 10m horizontal run under floorboards and a 5m vertical run in the wall

shower 3: has 10m horizontal run under floorboards and a 5m vertical run in the wall

shower 4: has 10m horizontal run under floorboards and a 5m vertical run in the wall

what size mcb and what size cable would i use ?

thank you :)

Oh Dear here we go again, okay then what size fuse have you got? is it single phase or 3 phase comming into the building? what is connected to all the other MCBs you stated the sizes of? are all 4 showers likely to be used "even now and then" at the same time? have you considered consulting an electrician to see if he or she can come around and take a look? what type of distribution board have you got? what type of earthing arrangements are in the property?

the MCB and Cable size needed will be answered by someone, I know the answer but would like some clarity on the other questions first before we go into any further detail.

baisically lights on the b16 and b6 and sockets on the b32 and one b32 has the heating on it

single phase

and they may be used at all the same time now and again

and the main fuse is 100amp

So you have probably 2 ring circuits 2 lighting one on a 16 amp mcb?, 1 cooker which you never mentioned unless it is gas, immersion? heating on a 32 amp? and you want to add 44kw of showers to it as well? have you got a picture of the main distribuiton board and meter so we can see what you have there? My advice is to consult a time served electrician who can look into this for you.

iv been looking in the regs and iv worked out for a 10.5 kw showers and will need 10 mm cable and 50 amp breaker for the volt drop for each shower

im just basically wanting to clarify this and if all the showers were used together would this not blow the main fuse ?

this is from left to right
b6- lights
b6- light
b32-sockets
b6-lights
b6-heating (sorry i put 32 amp, got it wrong)
b16- office socket (just one)
b32- sockets
b32- sockets
and theres 4 spare

- - - Updated - - -

and the cooker is gas

Might be worth working out the current drawn by 2 or more 10kW showers on at the same time?? What do you reckon? Daz

Might be worth working out the current drawn by 2 or more 10kW showers on at the same time?? What do you reckon? Daz

45A @ 230v which means 90A per 2, 135A per 3 or 180A if all 4 where on together not counting anything else that might be on at the same time.

Do you think the DNO fuse could take it?

Combi- boiler heating a large capacity cylinder tank to allow for multiple demands as hotels frequently see showers used within the same time frames.

looking to put 4 power showers in hotel {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

The guy needs a spark to look at the job and advise him about the best way forward, agreed a decent water heater system via a boiler controlling the showers is a better bet I suspect, yet another Friday night post

Is this serious? If you don't know the answers to these basic questions you shouldn't be doing the work. I've no reputation for flaming people who ask daft questions... I've asked the odd one or 2 myself.... But the question must be asked, are you competent to do this work?
Could you not get someone with more experience in and give them a hand? Everyone has to start somewhere, I understand that, but this job maybe out of your experience level at present.

@fatgreeny.... this is clearly not your field and i doubt you have nothing but basic electrical knowledge, shower installs not only require a good knowledge of the regs but like any install a wider knowledge to cover other areas of the install will be needed in order to comply, ive heard no mention or rcd protection by you or earthing arrangements to other services 'if required', getting this wrong will put owners and guests alike at risk; getting the correct cable size is only 20% of what you need to evaluate and to be honest as il re-iterate you should be looking at having a DHW shower system and i hereby give you a pass to jump across to the plumbers forum. :mellow:

hi, im looking to put 4 power showers in a very small hotel, so far on the consumer unit i have b6, b6, b32, b6, b6 ,b16, b16, b32 and another b32

so i was wondering as there are another 4 spaces for mcbs could i install 4, 10.5 kw showers

shower 1: has 10m horizontal run under floorboards and a 8m vertical run in the wall

shower 2: has 10m horizontal run under floorboards and a 5m vertical run in the wall

shower 3: has 10m horizontal run under floorboards and a 5m vertical run in the wall

shower 4: has 10m horizontal run under floorboards and a 5m vertical run in the wall

what size mcb and what size cable would i use ?

thank you :)

Get a competent sparky in and ask them. Too many variables, too many unknowns.

See you didn't much response to your other thread either

http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...ency-lighting-hotel-need-help.html#post656608

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to looking to put 4 power showers in hotel in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock