Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Looking to work im Cyprus in the Electricians Looking for Work / Jobs area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Smartin08

Smartin08 New EF Member

I was wounding if anyone could point me in the right direction or at least give me some information. I'm looking into the possibility of moving to Cyprus and working out there, just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience of this and what it was like? Also wages, recommend any companies, and any other advice.

I have mainly worked on industrial and commercial site but have done domestic too. I have been qualified for around 6 years worked in the trade 10 ( including apprenticeship)

2. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    None
    Ever thought about working maintenance on the RAF bases? I spent a year there back in the early 70s, lots of work AGL, Boiler controls, MQ domestic work etc, don't know where to apply, you could always write to the Base Commanders, don't ask don't get. You will need to get a decent CV organised, the MOD don't take on Cowboys, or they didn't. The local Cypriots are decent guys, but the powers that be are nearly always on the lookout for ExPats.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PEG

PEG Trusted Advisor

Hi,i have some pals with business interests out there,and for a while now,the biggest issues,all have "Russian" at the front of them...

I would do some thorough research,and try to speak to folk already involved in the trades,out there. There are usually web pages or user groups,dedicated to that circle of ex-pats,and you may be able to slide in for info.

Get more than a mumbled promise,before you set sail,as things can change remarkably,once they have you stranded :)

Also,"rule of three",applies...if you are told £300,3 days or 3 O'clock...
    ....It will probably mean £100,9 days and 9 O'clock :rolleyes:

4. stantheman

stantheman Regular EF Member