Discuss Looped house cable no wayleave agreement or deeds of easment in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Karl

-
Reaction score
Hi,
My property which is a 3 bedroom terraced house has a looped electric supply to my next door neighbour.
Recently there supply has had problems and they are being abusive towards myself and family members.
There supply has been stopping and the DNO keeps wanting access to my cellar to check the fuses.
I have been very helpful and given access to the DNO workers.
I would like the cable that is looped to next doors property removed as I own my property and next door is
a rented property and has a constant flow of new tenants.
I have no wayleave agreement with the DNO and there is no deeds of easement would I be entitled to ask
them to remove the looped service to my next door neighbour and would I have to pay for this service.
Also would I be entitled to back dated wayleave payments for the looped service.
I have read that you can claim back up to 6 years backdated payments.

A few points.

I doubt a Wayleaf or Easement apply to short sections of supply cable to Domestic properties, if it did there would would be millions of them around the country.

My Son has over half a Kilometer of 11000v cables on poles across his land, he gets less than £200 per year.
If you were due any money it would be pence.

If you want to pay to have the neighbours supply removed it would be costed as a new supply to them, that'll be thousands of pounds for you to pay.

The dno probably doesn't like the situation any more than you do, bbu getting the cogs in motion for them to do something about it might be slow and painful.
They do have right of access to their equipment, but it sounds like you are going beyond that already.
I think concentrate on getting them to install a separate supply and you might be able to revoke their permission to use your access by giving notice. But legal advice may be useful there.

Believe it or not, you have more power (pardon the pun) without a way-leave agreement. If you had one and received payment, you would have to give notice to terminate agreement. That in turn can take years to short out.
All you have to is, write/phone to your DNO supply company and ask that the loop supply to your neighbours be removed. You might want to expand to the reasons why.
The main reason would be Health and safety reasons.
By today's standards (it has been for several years) DNO's equipment should not be sited within cellars, especially with no escape route to outside. The very fact it'a a cellar usually means there isn't.
To remove the loop service supply to the neighbour, that would mean the DNO company re-feeding the neighbour at no cost to you or indeed your neighbour.
However, as the supply is your cellar, more than likely the DNO will want to bring your supply up to present day standards.
To do that, it would mean redirecting your existing supply to somewhere more practical ie to an outside meter box (OMB)
They would then employ their own electrician to reconnect your electrical installation to their new supply position. All at their cost.
At the end of the day, talk sensibly to the DNO company. you will find they will cooperate with you. Good luck

Believe it or not, you have more power (pardon the pun) without a way-leave agreement. If you had one and received payment, you would have to give notice to terminate agreement. That in turn can take years to short out.
All you have to is, write/phone to your DNO supply company and ask that the loop supply to your neighbours be removed. You might want to expand to the reasons why.
The main reason would be Health and safety reasons.

As per post 6.
The main reason is that you want it removed. No justification is required

Reply to Looped house cable no wayleave agreement or deeds of easment in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net