Discuss Lutron Rania Dual Dimmers in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SparkyDips

anyone used these to replace a 2 gang 1 way switch plate??

really crap quality. had an issue with 1 out of 3 i had fitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like dimmers full stop. i never recommend them only if someones insistant on them i install them have recently had an issue with one and the friend i installed it for hadn't kept the reciept for it as it only lasted few weeks, just waiting for the other couple to go and wait for them to say, can you fit the old type switches back on please! ;)

lol i've told this guy i look forward to your call very soon!! i have highlighted how crap they are........trouble is he's bout them for the whole house!! 8-|

Firstly im not am amateur! And secondly i have heard of a few people having problems with these, thats why i ask.

Also if i 'wired incorrectly' wouldn't all 3 units have the same symptoms??

Firstly im not am amateur! And secondly i have heard of a few people having problems with these, thats why i ask.
I wasn't suggesting you are an amateur, just stating that all the lutron stuff I've come across has been good quality.

Also if i 'wired incorrectly' wouldn't all 3 units have the same symptoms??
If it was a wiring fault I'm sure you would have picked it up during testing before energising the circuit. Possibly overheating if the wall box is too shallow for example.
Wall box with a depth of at least 32mm recommended;
square wall box required for dual dimmer
Ganging and derating
When ganging this product with other Lutron
dimmers derate maximum capacity to 350 W/VA.

Is the dimmer the right one for the type of lighting, there appear to be different model options for incandescent, SELV, 230V halogen etc.
Choose the dimmer designed to control the kind of lights you have in the room, for
example, incandescent or low voltage.

Source

Difficult to give specific advice with the info you have given.

Reply to Lutron Rania Dual Dimmers in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock