Discuss magazine advert scams in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Andy78

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just got a couple of calls this morning both from blocked numbers,
both trying to sell me advertising space in magazines,
both had a scouse accent,
different magazines ( one a police magazine, one a cancer charity )

When I asked them for a number to call them back on they both gave me mobile numbers that were only different by the last 2 digits.

I am assuming a scam from a quick googling I did. Am I right ?
New to all this getting cold calls as I haven't been advertising long.

complete scam. if your ad ever did get printed it would be in a mag. that nobody sees.

Had the police one tried on me a year or 2 ago, when I said no he got a bit abusive, definate give away, stay well away would be my advice and only advertise where you have made the first contact etc.

They seem to be working my area then. Had one a few weeks ago for my local areas retired policemen's motorsport enthusiast club. Claimed to have a circulation of over 60,000 readers......in my area alone...lol.

My Yell.com listing got put in today so maybe it was that.

I had one the other day for insurance. They could have fitted me up right there and then with £2m public liability, all they wanted were my card details. As I didn't solicit the call it was politely declined with a mention that my number was TPS registered, once he got abusive so did I hehe

I had a call from them late last year. I asked if they could send a copy of the magazine. I am still waiting!

Reply to magazine advert scams in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock