Discuss Main bonding problem again in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi been to a job wants a shed wired, about fifty meters away from the house, my concern is the bonding to the services, not good and near impossible to route to within 600mm of the stop cock/gas meter, my question is could i bond the pipes at the upstairs meter? I know what the regs state but its not if not practicable to tear the house apart to do so? Tns, currently 2,5mm to the main earth, bonding same to god knows where many thanks

You are trying to ensure that the bonding is connected as close as possible to the place where the 0V reference starts and to ensure that no modifications before the bonding clamp can leave an unbonded extraneous part.
It is possible that the combi boiler is acceptable but not likely, however you can see the pipework run and must make the call.

What has the shed got to do with things then?, your post is very confusing.

As Richard said ^^^^^
Although its best practice to connect the bonding within 600mm at point of entry, sometimes this is not possible/practical. In these scenarios you are required to determine the best possible connection point and then make a note on your EICR.

Sorry lol i suppose my point being if i was to upgrade the main bonding as well as install the shed supply but am unable to access service pipes where they enter the property, or just ignore the bonding and just note it on the eic?

Sorry lol i suppose my point being if i was to upgrade the main bonding as well as install the shed supply but am unable to access service pipes where they enter the property, or just ignore the bonding and just note it on the eic?
You mentioned 2.5mm2 bonding conductors, is that correct?

I mention the plastic pipes as this can change the needs for bonding. I've been in a recent new build with plastic incoming water main that was not bonded. I did confirm the odd copper pipes under the sink etc were not extraneous and just noted it on my cert.

Reply to Main bonding problem again in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net