Discuss Main Frustrations for an Electrician on Site in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I am doing some research into Main Frustrations for an Electrician on Site and would love your help in giving me some examples:

Example No1

Plasterers filling back boxes with plaster and hiding the cables after first fix

Tools getting stolen, lost a battery charger a couple of weeks ago. Bad organisation then standing around waiting for someone to do their thing or waiting for materials you could have got yourself. Wrong order of work as someone does not know how to do a gannt chart.

Frustrations for electricians? Lets see....

joiners, plumbers, heating engineers, drywallers, builders, roofers, scaffolders, plasterers, CCTV engineers, alarm engineers, data engineers, telecom engineers, painters, carpet fitters, Brexit, the woman in the newsagents, the kids, the wife, the next door neighbour, the dog, young drivers, old drivers, audi drivers.... oh.. sorry. you wanted specifics?

Hi Everyone

I am doing some research into Main Frustrations for an Electrician on Site and would love your help in giving me some examples:

Example No1

Plasterers filling back boxes with plaster and hiding the cables after first fix

Hi Mark,

Might I enquire as to the purpose of this research?

As you can see, we're quite a tolerant bunch, only hating most people ;) Knowing what your aim is with the research may give a better quality of answer.

portaloos, lifts installed and working, but NO, we have to lug all our gear up 5 flights of stairs.

Coming back to 2nd fix a kitchen only to discover that the entire layout and spec got changed between 1st fix and the kitchen being fitted!
... Then when you mention the matter of everything changing without being kept in the loop so that now there's very little you can do without causing maximum disruption, you get patronisingly told "you can move it" as if you're getting your knickers in a twist because you have to screw the accessories to the wall in a different place to where you wanted to.

Reply to Main Frustrations for an Electrician on Site in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net