Discuss Main fuse / CCU in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

martysparky

I know many electricians install CCU's and or Isolation switch without pulling the main Cut Out Fuse.

I was wondering how this is done if needed.

And also wondering your thoughts on this matter.

Thanks all.

I know many electricians install CCU's and or Isolation switch without pulling the main Cut Out Fuse.

I was wondering how this is done if needed.

And also wondering your thoughts on this matter.

Thanks all.

Anyone who does is in breach of Regulation 14 of the Electricity at Work Regulation 1989 and unless they stupid would not admit it.:rolleyes:

Anyone who does is in breach of Regulation 14 of the Electricity at Work Regulation 1989 and unless they stupid would not admit it.:rolleyes:

Agreed Ian,

My life is more important to me than the suppliers concern about profit even if I can not get hold of them for permission I'm pulling the fuse.

I understand both of these matters are common!

WOW!!!!!! i really don't fancy messing with the DNO supply especially when there substation fuse may be 5 miles away and rated at a silly figure!!! wonder what the disconnection time is for that!!

WOW!!!!!! i really don't fancy messing with the DNO supply especially when there substation fuse may be 5 miles away and rated at a silly figure!!! wonder what the disconnection time is for that!!

What are you supposed to do if you cannot get any sense from them to get permission to work safe?

no im on about working live!!!! i always pull fuse!!

I've seen a couple of council jobs recently and thats exactly what they are doing to avoid the hassle from there employer for pulling the fuse.

Crazy situation and thats a councils stance employing local contractors.

makes you wonder eh!

SWITCH OF ALL LOAD, pull fuse, remove fuse from holder and refit empty fuse holder. (too easy to accidentaly stick a cpc or similar in hole whilst stripping back)

Carry out necessary work, refit fuse and reseal afterwards.

As already stated its a more serious infraction to work live than pull the fuse.

I have not heard of anyone getting agro for pulling (And resealing) fuses but I have heard of people getting killed working with live tails......Your choice

Last edited:
SWITCH OF ALL LOAD, pull fuse, remove fuse from holder and refit empty fuse holder. (too easy to accidentaly stick a cpc or similar in hole whilst stripping back)

Carry out necessary work, refit fuse and reseal afterwards.

As already stated its a more serious infraction to work live than pull the fuse.

I have not heard of anyone getting agro for pulling (And resealing) fuses but I have heard of people getting killed working with live tails......Your choice

Nice good advice with the empty fuse. I didn't think of that. I'll be doing it that way for sure. Cheers. :D

You know how it goes, pull the T+E by the 'ears' and the cpc goes shooting up, either in the eye or straight into something live......

I cant do those smilly things, if i could a smouldering one would now be ideal!!!!

Reply to Main fuse / CCU in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net