Discuss Main fuse colours in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

cbw

-
Reaction score
OK, basic schoolboy question!!!!!!

I am used to just opening up a main fuse carrier to determine the fuse rating.

If this is not possible I will go by the stated rating labled on the carier. (often wrong anyway)

I have quoted to instal a power shower in a flat with storage heaters, waterheaters, induction hob etc, the customer wanted 2 10.8 showers fitting! I have persuaded her to go for 1 only.

However I cannot find any lables on the fuse carier and it is completely sealed and cannot be opened like the grey ones!

It is red in colour, has rubber covers where the screws used to be, when removed there are just rivets underneath, is there a new colour code system for these fuses?

It is just one of those, everything else is normal, head, earth, eco7 timer and switchgear, meter?????

I am sorry to be so stupid, we dont have many blocks of flats here in west suffolk, so what you think is this is a completely standard set up but with a dummy main fuse, and down in the cellar or ground floor at the main incomer I will find the relevent phase and fuse?

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!! Thankyou!

Last edited:

Reply to Main fuse colours in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

In our house the main fuse is rated at 100A maximum. The individual circuits in the consumer unit, if all used simultanuously, add up to much...
Replies
Views
Anybody have any idea what costs are involved if you were to ask your supplier to increase the size of main fuse? Been on a job today and the...
Replies
Views
Geordie Spark
G
I was called into a property where I was told that the shower fuse had blown. On investigation it turned out that a 9.8 KW shower was connected...
Replies
Views
londonlec
L
O
Is there anywhere, book on line etc where you can identify the different types of fuses. I have come across a few recently which have no...
Replies
Views
Guest123
G
P
Folks I previously had this under the theory and regs forum which I suspect was the wrong place for it - apologies for that. I think it's more...
Replies
Views
paulbriggs
P

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock