Discuss Main Isolator For Installation in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Wall PIR.JPG

Hi there, your thoughts on an EICR if been asked to carry out. From the picture attached its a bit of a mess, but to explain its a 3 phase supply which looks like used to be a shared premies but now a sports club and a doctors surgery that im in.

What the installation im looking at is on a single phase of the supply and when installed about 6 years ago the tails terminate into a henley block from the meter and then feed 5 consumer units.
One of the CU has a faulty main RCCB, so my question is obviously to change this I need to cut and pull the main fuse which of course is supposed to be not allowed.
I know how its been installed is extremly bad practice as nothing can be isolated safely which im putting in the report that but whos responsibilty is it, mine or the DNO to get a main isolater fitted for this installation?

Many thanks.

You need to contact the DNO. They may charge you for putting an Isolater in, just depends on what area you are in and how nice the engineer is. You are right though, you cant/must not pull the fuse, unless it is an EMERGANCY!!! (i.e you can smell burning and have to pull it etc)
You may find they will do it for free but you may have to wait awhile.

JAY

Last edited:

Reply to Main Isolator For Installation in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, just looking for advice. Ive been to look at a Fire alarm install job. While checking where i will take my supply from. 3 phase sub board, i...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Hi all -- full disclosure I am a 'DIY-er' but wanted to post here for greater visibility seeing as I certainly won't be doing this work myself...
Replies
Views
Hello again, Was looking at installing yet another dedicated consumer box for my EV charger off the henley blocks and i noticed that a meter...
Replies
Views
I don't "do" solar, but I've been asked to comment on an aspect of a new domestic solar installation by others. There is no overload or fault...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock