Discuss Main protective bonding and supplementary bonding, help please! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Gazap

Have a query regarding bonding for periodic.

1, Main protective bond for gas supply goes to the supply box outside the house, is this ok as would be difficult to connect it in the house close to the supply as it goes under the floor. If it is a problem what code ?

2, supplementary bonding below boiler 10mm (4 pipes all connected 10mm looks very neat with labels) but then goes into the a fused switch that feeds the boiler, so have a tight fit 1.5mm cpc along with 10mm going into the earthing connection. Is this ok, reading of the bonding to CU is still good 0.05 ohm, is this ok ?

the boiler does not have 2 be bonded so i would not worry about it as long as the water and gas are!,

Have a query regarding bonding for periodic.

1, Main protective bond for gas supply goes to the supply box outside the house, is this ok as would be difficult to connect it in the house close to the supply as it goes under the floor. If it is a problem what code ?

2, supplementary bonding below boiler 10mm (4 pipes all connected 10mm looks very neat with labels) but then goes into the a fused switch that feeds the boiler, so have a tight fit 1.5mm cpc along with 10mm going into the earthing connection. Is this ok, reading of the bonding to CU is still good 0.05 ohm, is this ok ?

1 You have within 600mm to make the connection but ideally, this should be done as close as practicable to the point of entry to the property (ie. the equipotential zone that you are creating).

2 Supplementary bonding at boiler positions is not a requirement of BS 7671:2008, you need to brush up on earthing and bonding regulations if you are carrying out periodic inspections.

Last edited:
i dont understand why you would come a fcu with a 10mm!, you want 2 make sure that the 10mm from the boiler is not the fcu means of earth i have come across that before

Reply to Main protective bonding and supplementary bonding, help please! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock