Discuss Mains meter going backwards in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Installed 12 x 2.5Kw LG panels in December and they seem to be doing well (two arrays - 6 south facing and 6 west on four roofs). Happy to report that a mains meter reading taken today is at the same level as end-March, and that's apart from the FITS payments! With this current hot spell pretty soon EON will be paying me on top of the FITS due.
Is this OK? Or is there some small print somewhere that no-one told me about saying that this is verboten?

Lucky fella, but you have to declare as part of your FiT application AFAIK, if that is the reading is also going backwards and subtracting units.....

Ye olde mechanical-dial meters will often run backwards.
Technically you're supposed to tell the power company. But if you don't notice it going backwards :innocent: and you never report a lower reading than the last meter reading :iamwithstupid: and your FiT application didn't ask :earmuffs: then count yourself lucky and enjoy it while it lasts :38: - until smart meters are installed in a few years time.

As said, you should tell your energy provider, that is if you have noticed it of course...
make sure you do not give them a lower reading than the one before, I know it goes against all principles, but use your immersion, of switch on an electric fire or something...
Lucky chap...

Reply to Mains meter going backwards in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am in a bit of a pinch at the moment and trying to argue a massive amount of used of electricity with my provider which I find it hard to...
Replies
Views
Was having a look at our gas and electric bills today, and its getting depressing. I would like to keep using our appliances as and when we...
Replies
Views
V.early days, just had installed solar. No battery, also supply of some parts difficult at the moment so no App or Online monitoring. I have a...
Replies
Views
This is an issue that is starting to get more of a ball ache for me, when theres a smart meter installed without an isolator and I really need to...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Hope you’re all well! I’m wondering if anyone is able to shed some light on a situation I’m having with my neighbour. I received a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock