Discuss Mains Powered Medical Headlamp repair query in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

samcginlay

-
DIY
Reaction score
Dear Electricians,

I am a veterinary surgeon and need help from someone in the know as to how to bring an old bit of equipment back to life. It is a headmounted lamp with a special mirror to allow examination of the retinas of dogs and cats, however my query relates to the power supply for the lamp itself.

I have the lamp but it didn't come with the mains powered transformer so I need to build a new one as replacements are no longer made for this unit.

The spec is as below, however the original transformer came with a dimmer to adjust the intensity of the light. also to make things more complicated, the output has to be a female 5 pin DIN connector to accept the male connector from the lamp.

Input frequency 240V units; 50Hz
Power Input 25VA
Output 6V , 1.7A

I have attached the original technical document for the transformer, and a picture of the head mounted lamp to show the connector type.

Anyone know if I can modify an off the shelf transformer to fit my needs or how I can custom build a transformer with a dial to change output to dim the lamp?

Thanks

s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• EP59-06400-art-A_english.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
If you are looking for something cheap easy and off the shelf ?
Then buy an adjustable power supply.
Be careful not to turn it up too far.
otherwise there are many options but would involve
someone with some electronic skills.
All easy to do

Reply to Mains Powered Medical Headlamp repair query in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I live in Mexico, where I have a small, un-official trailer park on my property. The property is serviced by my privately owned, 650amp...
Replies
Views
Ferrets are known for being small, resourceful, and incredibly clever. They can solve many problems by fitting into tight spaces and doing jobs us...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Years ago, I cut off the front end of my 1970 Pontiac Catalina before I drove it to the junkyard. I created a bracket and mounted it to my garage...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock