Discuss Mains powered smoke and carbon monoxide alarms in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've recently purchased my own house and I've stripped it and re-wired. I've allowed for smoke alarms on all three levels and obviously want carbon monoxide protection. I have 230v supply and 3 core for the inter links between. The smokes aren't a great problem but does anyone know of a carbon monoxide alarm that will interlink with a smoke alarm, so all the alarms go off incase of carbon monoxide detection? The reason I ask i would have. CO detector on level 3 and 1 and we sleep on level 2. It would be nice to interlink like you can with the smoke alarms.

Regards Ash

Don't know the answer to your question but is it a good idea? If the monoxide detector sets off the smokes, the customer goes round the house looking for smoke, can't see anything so thinks it's all ok

Different screeching alarm for Co - you'd have to know what it should sound like though. I can imagine as Midwest pointed out - get in touch with Aico asking Tech team.
Maybe when the connected Co activates it will only activate the interconnect with other Co.

Do you need a CO alarm? on every level? is there an open fire or gas appliance on each level?

Check first,but I believe,if you fit a co2 with a radio base and also to one of the hard wired smokes it should integrate with the whole system

I have a relatively old Kiddie system, with a CO alarm interlinked with other alarms. It has a small digital display, so if one of the smokes sounds, it displays 'Fir' (or something similar).

Aico have a similar set up. But I would recommend fitting one of those control switches, this one is for standard (not radio link) Ei1529RC Hard Wired Alarm Control Switch - Aico - https://www.aico.co.uk/product/ei1529rc-hard-wired-alarm-control-switch/, it will locate the alarm that has activated, useful if you have alarms in loft spaces, or when they go off in the middle of the night, as I found out the other week!

Sat in on a aico fire alarm course/chat today at my local training centre. I always use there stuff but it was good to see what else they offer. We were told that combined co and heat detectors and combined co and optical smoke detectors will be abailable soon. Definately worth checking there website out

Reply to Mains powered smoke and carbon monoxide alarms in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock