Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Mains powered smoke and carbon monoxide alarms in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Ashley Williams

Ashley Williams Regular EF Member

Hi Guys,

I've recently purchased my own house and I've stripped it and re-wired. I've allowed for smoke alarms on all three levels and obviously want carbon monoxide protection. I have 230v supply and 3 core for the inter links between. The smokes aren't a great problem but does anyone know of a carbon monoxide alarm that will interlink with a smoke alarm, so all the alarms go off incase of carbon monoxide detection? The reason I ask i would have. CO detector on level 3 and 1 and we sleep on level 2. It would be nice to interlink like you can with the smoke alarms.

Regards Ash

2. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. mhar

mhar Electrician's Arms

Don't know the answer to your question but is it a good idea? If the monoxide detector sets off the smokes, the customer goes round the house looking for smoke, can't see anything so thinks it's all ok

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rpa07

Rpa07 2000 posts - only 46379 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    Different screeching alarm for Co - you'd have to know what it should sound like though. I can imagine as Midwest pointed out - get in touch with Aico asking Tech team.
    Maybe when the connected Co activates it will only activate the interconnect with other Co.

5. Pat H

Pat H Don't ask, get an Electrician in.

Business Name:
    Sparks of Intelligence
    Do you need a CO alarm? on every level? is there an open fire or gas appliance on each level?

6. Des 56

Des 56 Trusted Advisor

Check first,but I believe,if you fit a co2 with a radio base and also to one of the hard wired smokes it should integrate with the whole system

7. Midwest

I have a relatively old Kiddie system, with a CO alarm interlinked with other alarms. It has a small digital display, so if one of the smokes sounds, it displays 'Fir' (or something similar).

Aico have a similar set up. But I would recommend fitting one of those control switches, this one is for standard (not radio link) Ei1529RC Hard Wired Alarm Control Switch - Aico - https://www.aico.co.uk/product/ei1529rc-hard-wired-alarm-control-switch/, it will locate the alarm that has activated, useful if you have alarms in loft spaces, or when they go off in the middle of the night, as I found out the other week!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ashley Williams

Ashley Williams Regular EF Member

Cheers Guys,

I'll go for interconnected smokes then and standalone CO!

9. Midwest

^^^ Can you hear me mother?

10. leep82

leep82 Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    L.M.P Electrical
    Sat in on a aico fire alarm course/chat today at my local training centre. I always use there stuff but it was good to see what else they offer. We were told that combined co and heat detectors and combined co and optical smoke detectors will be abailable soon. Definately worth checking there website out