Discuss Maintenance work . . . in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chocolate

. . . is tosh.

Recession is hitting hard when maintenance work is used to fill over the cracks during these touch times.

What is all this ? Change a pull cord here. Swap a CCU there. Change some cracked sockets too.

I give up.

:(:(:(

. . . is tosh.

Recession is hitting hard when maintenance work is used to fill over the cracks during these touch times.

What is all this ? Change a pull cord here. Swap a CCU there. Change some cracked sockets too.

I give up.

:(:(:(
Why do you want to give up.

It can be a bit boring sometimes.

I did a 5 hour round trip last week to replace two screws.

And ive lost count of how many "power has gone off" jobs ive been to.

I arrive, ask where the fuse board is and an office full of people look at each other and shrug their shoulders.

Still, occasionally i have to brush the dust off my brain and do a bit!

Maybe I forgot to mention that I am an employee . . . that is with a massive ball and chain tied around my neck . . . and a wage so poor that it makes Scrooge appear to be filled to the brim with genorosity and well being.

And it's linked with housing and the like . . . .

Wherever I go, and whatever I do . . . I gain nothing from it, other than mind-blowing boredom.

2.6 million people outa work mate, you keep stayin bored pal, and puttin food in yer mouth, survival is the key at minute, stay with it, we are s/employed survivin yeh, but not as busy as years ago when we had 678 sparks with us.

I agree, low pay is better than no pay.

Whilst I say it can be boring sometimes, I never moan about it.

The employers are holding all the cards at the moment

If they want to give me a b*llocking then I just nod my head and apologise.

There will be a few more years of this yet, keep your nose clean and keep putting food on the table

This country will NEVER return to the fake prosperity that credit created over the past ten years.

It's survival of the fittest now, and there's a large number of unskilled people out there who would give anything to be in our shoes.

Reply to Maintenance work . . . in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net