Discuss Marketing how to get jobs on in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jazzygazza

Hi all,
Just looking to pick peoples brains on how to get work on for myself. I am qualified electrician and just looking for advice on websites to join,how to market,how to advertise etc , so any help small or big will be much appreciated, so e mail Gary at [email protected] to discuss further.

Get some cards printed up and give them out to every customer, potential customer, family member, friend and anyone who even utters the words 'electrical work'. So long as you do a good job and give a fair price word of mouth will kick in and that's the best advertising you'll ever do.

If you want to get on the free websites, the easiest thing to do is search for the different trades in your area, then look at the results. You soon find the free sites they are all registered with. Then register yourself.

I've never got any work from these sites though, as the kind of customer who uses them will get every electrician for your area round to quote, next thing it turns into a price war and the guy whos willing to work for 30 quid a day gets the job.

Social media is one of the most powerful tools that any business or trader can use to leverage more business their way. Just look at the number of big corporate brands that have intergrated twitter and facebook feeds into there own promotion efforts to reach the masses and generate more revenue.

You will have to sacrifice your time setting these things up and constantly maintain them, but if you stick with it, by [FONT=&quot]regularly [/FONT]communicating and engaging with your customers and potential prospects you will not only earn their trust but also their business.

Reply to Marketing how to get jobs on in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net