Discuss Martindale ET4500 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I am just about to buy a MFT and I have run across the Martindale ET4500. It is about £350 cheaper than the comparable Megger or Fluke. I was wondering if anyone has an opinion as to whether it is worth getting the more expensive or if the Martindale does the job.

Thanks

looks like it does all you need. not familiar with matindales. try and get your hands on one and see how it feels.

Must admit most people seem to talk about Flukes an Meggers but I haven't seen much feedback on Martindale MFTs. I'll probably be looking at getting one next year at some point. Would certainly like to buy British if they're up to standard.

Thanks mykey. Have been doing a lot of trawling on prices and must admit that unless going for second hand the prices offered by said sponsor appear to be the lowest. Still be nice to get some feedback on the Martindale.

I have the 4000 which i think is almost the same. In a funny way it feels a little more basic than the top end metrel it replaced, like an older car compared to a newer one, but there's nothing lacking, it does all the tricks, they even throw in a remote tip which was a £100+ extra on the metrel, so basically half the price. I think the metrel just did a load of stuff you never used.

throw the supplied comedy croc clips in the bin they're useless but apart from that can't fault it.

I'm looking at the Martindale 4500 as well its basically the same price new as I'd pay for a used megger.

Are Metrel and Martindale the same but just different branding?

nope, they use a generic casing that might come from the same supplier but otherwise completely different machines, eg martindale uses banana plugs wheres metrel uses a (not very good) bespoke multipin socket effort.

Well, I eventually went for the Martindale and I am really impressed with it (apart from the croc clips), which leave a great deal to be desired. They are inexpensive to change though. The display is clear and contains a great deal of information. Substantially cheaper than the comparable Megger and Fluke, it shapes up really well.

Good. I hope to order one soon. Maybe I'll see if they will throw in some better clips.

Reply to Martindale ET4500 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock