Discuss Marv's Pics in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Marvo

-
Staff member
Mod
Mentor
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
After a request from one of the forum's most respected primates I took my camera to work yesterday and today so I could take some photo's of my area.

They're not particularly exciting I'm afraid, they're basically just a day in my life and the camera I have is very old and cheap. I've reduced the resolution even further to get the pics within the allowable filesize of the attachment system. You're welcome to do as you please with any and all of my photographic offerings as I've declared them free for use and abuse under the terms of the Beerware License.

If you're interested in the technical details of the photos the best I can tell you is all of my photos are taken with a Canon A450 which is an automatic 'point and squirt' and all photos are without any post processing/photoshopping/touching up etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a fairly relaxed day today, only two jobs and a date with an old colleague who was in town for the day and we made plans to catch up over lunch. After a couple of hours in the office first thing I headed to a local weather station which stopped reporting last week and needed an replacement GSM comms card. It was a ten minute job to install before I headed to Cape Town for lunch.

I live about 35 mins drive from Cape Town center.

This is the main road that runs though my suburb;

IMG_5519a.jpg

IMG_5522a.jpg

And a few pics of the 6KM drive to the weather station;

IMG_5546a.jpg

IMG_5550a.jpg

IMG_5551a.jpg

IMG_5557a.jpg

IMG_5561a.jpg

And the weather station itself;

IMG_5581a.jpg

Next job was in Cape Town centre at a Large hotel. a problem with a drive alarming on a stairwell pressurisation fan.

IMG_5443a.jpg

It took me 15 minutes to remove the birdsnests from the intake and before I knew it it was time for lunch.

I took some pics of the drive home which was the non-scenic route down the highway.

Leaving town;
IMG_5449a.jpg

Hit some slow moving rush hour traffic :(
IMG_5455a.jpg

Halfway home;
IMG_5464a.jpg

IMG_5467a.jpg

Almost there, just over the mountain in the distance;
IMG_5479a.jpg

Thanks Marvo I am glad I asked now. The views look awesome and I would be more than happy to have that working day.

It was kinda nice to stop and take the photos, it did bring it home how nice the area is. Most of the time I'm in such a rush to get places I really don't appreciate it. Maybe I'll take a stroll around the neighbourhood and take some local snaps one evening.

That's really, really cool, Marvo. Cheers for posting that up. :)

I think "day in the life" posts (with pictures) are dead interesting, and bring to life the fact that behind avatars and usernames there are real people living and working in the real world. :)

The 40 KM drive back home from Cape Town takes about 35mins at 4.30pm. At 5pm it could take up to 50 mins depending on the weather. It can be slow going for the first half of the journey but the traffic thins out as I get closer to home so it's bearable. That's in my car, if I take my bike you could knock 15 mins off both of those times :)

Thread moved from chit chat and into the new Photography section. Enjoy :smile:

Some posts have been deleted to keep the thread on topic.

Got a new dog today and he's been keeping us busy. We took him for a walk around a local wine farm this morning, then back to the house for some ball throwing and some stick chewing then out again this afternoon for a drive in the car and a run around the local park. Then this evening he got some serious couch time in front of the TV.

IMG-1154818.jpg

IMG-20141225.jpg

IMG-20141226.jpg

IMG-20150103.jpg

Gorgeous Andy, And I see he as chosen is spot on the sofa, keep the pics coming have we named him yet?

We inherited him from some friends of ours who've moved to a new house and couldn't take him with. He's around 6 yrs old and goes by the name of Wutos. He's very friendly and very intelligent which makes a change to the other mutts we've had which have all been thick as a brick.

is he a red nose pit

He is a pit bull terrier but they didn't have any papers with him so I'm guessing he's not thoroughbred. He had a minor run-in with a baboon this morning when it tried to steal his ball. He wasn't too aggressive and once he'd settled the ownership dispute he was happy to let the baboon walk away in one piece. He's also been very friendly with our old and decrepit cat, he had a bit of a surprised look on his face when the cat curled up next to him on the couch but they've been best of buddies ever since.

Reply to Marv's Pics in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net