Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss mate sent me this, he is on ratedpeople! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services Ltd
    My mate is a plumber and is on rated people. there are people asking for a rewire for a 2 bed bungalow for under 1k... what planet are they on? I sure as heck aint paying £24+ to be a member every month, I pick up a few jobs on my builder now and then as its free to join and you only pay for what you quote for. but at the prices people are suggesting on ratedpeople you may as well go shelf stacking in the local supermarket.

upload_2018-2-20_20-20-44.png

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

I'd like a Ferrari for about £3K .................... but seriously these are people looking for the cheapest price and let state facts, they aren't going to use registered people, who pay insurances, scheme fees, income tax and national insurance .................

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. robd

robd Electrician's Arms

People are just driving their own prices down why can't they see that?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. multimick

multimick Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    lathom electrical
    the way rated people work is that the budget the householder sets determines what price you pay for the lead, EG a job for £100 would cost you maybe a fiver to bid for .a job for a couple of grand maybe would cost £50 plus .

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

That's one massive problem with their system, they let customers estimate what they want to spend on a job without any knowledge as to what it may cost.
    Ridiculous as it cannot benefit customer, trader, or the middle man service.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Cadgey123

Cadgey123 Electrician's Arms

You sometimes have to chance that they know they are being too cheap. It’s a lot of money sometimes though.
    I got a rewire last week that stated under £3k, put in £5k and won it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. DPG

DPG Electrician's Arms

Go for it. Turn up with 100M of stick on trunking and some surface back boxes and get it banged in. Buy sockets from pound shop obviously.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1