Discuss Materials advice / help for external garden lighting in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello, I have 10 spike / LED spot lights to install in my garden and each comes with it's own flexi cable. I have purchased 100 metres of 3 core 1.5 armoured cable. I have been told I must purchase glands and waterproof connector boxes to join armoured cable to flexi cable for each light. I have looked around and don't know which type of gland I should be buying.

Can anyone advise please ? Links to certain products would be a great help.

Thanks

Hello, I have 10 spike / LED spot lights to install in my garden and each comes with it's own flexi cable. I have purchased 100 metres of 3 core 1.5 armoured cable. I have been told I must purchase glands and waterproof connector boxes to join armoured cable to flexi cable for each light. I have looked around and don't know which type of gland I should be buying.

Can anyone advise please ? Links to certain products would be a great help.

Thanks
CW 20mm Small Gland Pack - 3 Part External - https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TLC20S.html

Just out of curiosity:
What are you using to link the SWA cables to the flexi cables?
What connector boxes are you thinking of using?

Thanks for the reply. So 1 gland would be for the flex cable and the other would be for the SWA?
No the glands are for SWA you would need a suitable glands for the flex

and who's part p the work!

garden lights for an essex boy? just smile and your shiny orange tan coupled with whitened teeth will provide enough light. :D:D:D

garden lights for an essex boy? just smile and your shiny orange tan coupled with whitened teeth will provide enough light. :D:D:D

LMAO....

No the glands are for SWA you would need a suitable glands for the flex
You will need 2 SWA glands per light except the last one, you will only need 1 and 1 for the Consumers unit thats 10 packs plus whatever glands are suitable for the flex entry to your Joint box, which will need to be IP rated, I recommend Wago for the cable connections, you may wish to fill your Joint boxes with a water proof gel although if they are terminated correctly, it shouldn't be required.

Pratley boxes.

wiska boxes filled withLSD. happy Xmas.

Clearly a DIYer who will have no idea how to gland SWA. Get an Electrician in.
agree. badlyglanded or unglanded SWA is just asking for the armour to corrode away, and water ingress onto live parts.

Reply to Materials advice / help for external garden lighting in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net