Discuss Max ZS allowed on NICEIC cert seems wrong? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys. I've recently moved from NAPIT to NICEIC I've just issued a cert. Now the circuit details are as follows.

Lighting, 6amp RCBO

Ze - 0.18
R1&R2 - 0.64
ZS - 0.82

Now by my understanding the max allowed ZS is 6.14 for the type of RCBO so I'm well within the allowed but on the generated minor works cert it says max ZS is 0.46?

Any thoughts? I can't get through to NICEIC as the shut.

Even a D curve will only be four times lower so it still doesn't make sense (ignoring the 30mA RCD aspect of it).

Sorry, I did not mean as accurate, but sometimes you can funny values if you put a number in by accident with no relation to an actual type. I have had this myself but on different software.

I think I've accidental typed that amount in myself. I've gone back through the process and it looks like you are to input the Max allowed ZS yourself. Not sure how I ended up missing it first time but was doing it on iPhone. Thanks for all your suggestions guys. Me being a div I think I'm just used to a different app that automatically entered it.

It looks more professional andyb, I give you that.

Im just tight!

Tysoft is not too bad, but I suppose it is quite an outlay, about ÂŁ 175 now I think, but it does look more professional and saves a lot of time and easy to save as PDF for emailimg.

And it fills out max Zs for you.

Guys don't any of you use the NICEIC ONLINE? It creates your certs and notifys at the same time. Certs look great and you can opt to email them and/or send a paper copy.

Reply to Max ZS allowed on NICEIC cert seems wrong? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net