Discuss maximum allowable height for scaffold tower? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

elsparko

really trying to get the customer to see sense, they have supplied scaffold tower for lighting replacement about 5metres off the ground, which i have been pottering away at with this shitty scaffold tower getting stuck in the sand below and hitting against the beams of the shed itself

almost tipped it several times today, got some 1.5 swa i need to throw into the very top of the shed, really dont want to do this from the scaffold tower as it will take all day to run 1 length of cable!

ive tried explaining that i would already be finished by now with the use of a scissor lift but they do not seem to see the efficiency

any health and safety i can throw at them to avoid doing this job in such a backwards way?

scaffold towers should be banned. anyone can erect them, qualified or not.bloody dangerous. with a scissor lift or cherry picker, you know that you're safe ( within the grounds of common sense|).

Do you have PASMA?
Height is as per instructions
i dont but the plumber/pipe fitter has PASMA, i just hand him the bits to build it and look busy

my standing about just staring at the top of the tower and giving out a slight sigh isnt being taken on i dont think

might just jump off it tomorrow

it would be a 1 man job if there was a scissor lift, no mucking about with ropes pulling lights up/down, can get to exact height and position needed without much aggro

really trying to get the customer to see sense, they have supplied scaffold tower for lighting replacement about 5metres off the ground, which i have been pottering away at with this shitty scaffold tower getting stuck in the sand below and hitting against the beams of the shed itself

almost tipped it several times today, got some 1.5 swa i need to throw into the very top of the shed, really dont want to do this from the scaffold tower as it will take all day to run 1 length of cable!

ive tried explaining that i would already be finished by now with the use of a scissor lift but they do not seem to see the efficiency

any health and safety i can throw at them to avoid doing this job in such a backwards way?
Work at Height Regulations 2005 - Legislation - Safety Matters (Health & Safety Community) - https://www.aisolutions.co.uk/Community/Knowledge/Topic/711/900/Work-at-Height-Regulations-2005
Any use to you?

If it does not have a tower tag on it, it is illegal. You have to have the instructions with you at all times again illegal if you do not. Must be on firm ground so you could not tower tag it as safe. If some horrid person did an anonymous;) call to HSE advising them of unsafe working practices should put paid to the tower. Might lose the job though.

Download the PASMA app. It contains instructions and the information you are looking for various types of scaffold. Just need the make and model of the scaffold you are using.

Hi,so you told them it needed a MEWP,they said "no,here's some toy-town scaffolding",you then cracked on with building and using it...

I trust you can see the thought process,that anyone will use,if heaven forbid,it fails and injures somebody...

The Egyptians got big items,up high,by building sand ramps,dragging sledges ,laden with goods,then removing the sand.

Well,you've got the sand...:rolleyes:

Hi,so you told them it needed a MEWP,they said "no,here's some toy-town scaffolding",you then cracked on with building and using it...

I trust you can see the thought process,that anyone will use,if heaven forbid,it fails and injures somebody...

The Egyptians got big items,up high,by building sand ramps,dragging sledges ,laden with goods,then removing the sand.

Well,you've got the sand...:rolleyes:

In a
scaffold towers should be banned. anyone can erect them, qualified or not.bloody dangerous. with a scissor lift or cherry picker, you know that you're safe ( within the grounds of common sense|).
In ideal world yes I agree
But in many cases you can not possibly get cherry pickers or mewps into certain areas
I’m on one of these jobs at the minute , on a small rail station , our only option is scaffold
But yes I agree they are a pain in the bottom , but handy too

Reply to maximum allowable height for scaffold tower? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net