Discuss Maximum Zs for distribution circuits protected by 60947-2 MCCB's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Usually the manufacturers have online details as MCCB can have different adjustable setting so no one answer fits all, a chat to technical can also get the info unless you provide us with more details.

I'm carrying out a EICR on a large factory with many distribution circuits, meaning that I will be dealing with multiple different scenario's with regards to device setting and cable size etc. So calling technical every time may not be ideal.

I'm carrying out a EICR on a large factory with many distribution circuits, meaning that I will be dealing with multiple different scenario's with regards to device setting and cable size etc. So calling technical every time may not be ideal.

It's pretty much your only option to be accurate with the manufacturer's stated values. There are no all encompassing figures such as the BS7671 info that exists for other devices.

You make a list and call them once or find a website with the values listed, without you giving us a brand we can't really guide you any better as their are many makes and models and not all have readily available charts. The distribution power panels in factories usually are a common brand through out, although not always the case so if you can get the make and generation of the device we might be able to help.

There should be detailed information to hand with regards deisign, MCCBs are not for ordinary use.

Cheers

No excuse Dave, if this is a large factory i'd be advising them of their legal duties. Many factors to consider discrimination etc.

Cheers

I'm sure we all can and would advise them of such. It doesn't help the poor bloke on the ground trying to carry out testing on an installation which doesn't have the paperwork it should have

No Dave, its little help. He will have to dig into his design knowledge, they wont want the light going out.Hopefullt they will give him the scope rquired.

Cheers

Thanks for the replies gents. All the boards are Merlin Gerin/Schneider. I have been given a huge number of files from the original building handover but typically it contains zero information with regards to the original electrical installation.

I shall ring those lovely people at Schneider when I have all the DB schedules completed.

Thanks for the replies gents. All the boards are Merlin Gerin/Schneider. I have been given a huge number of files from the original building handover but typically it contains zero information with regards to the original electrical installation.

I shall ring those lovely people at Schneider when I have all the DB schedules completed.
be very careful when you call schneider.

honestly they still work as seperate companies with there own structure somewhat within schneider.

if you call the wrong place you might be talking to someone that only knows about square d etc.

the schneider office in telford would be a good place to start, im sure the mccb stuff we had was ordered through telford branch (we were working at ashby branch aka andover controls/tac)

this is the one google throws up but it could be wrong

0870 608 8608

Last edited:
be very careful when you call schneider.

honestly they still work as seperate companies with there own structure somewhat within schneider.

if you call the wrong place you might be talking to someone that only knows about square d etc.

the schneider office in telford would be a good place to start, im sure the mccb stuff we had was ordered through telford branch (we were working at ashby branch aka andover controls/tac)

this is the one google throws up but it could be wrong

0870 608 8608

Thanks Shanky,

I have had the above issue before with them, I just ask for Merlin Gerin technical support usually.

Reply to Maximum Zs for distribution circuits protected by 60947-2 MCCB's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net