Discuss May find a bit of forum lag while I'm updating things in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
I'm updating a few things, including the anti-spam systems which clearly weren't working. I had changed the settings a few times over the last few weeks but it seems they're humans physically filling out the registration forms and then using bots to post.

So I've completely changed the spam software and am messing around with the settings now.

Also removing 18,000+ accounts that haven't ever posted. That should help a bit.

While the forum is running the processes it needs to, it will queue postings to the forums so you might find a couple of seconds lag time before submitting and seeing your post.

I'm updating a few things, including the anti-spam systems which clearly weren't working. I had changed the settings a few times over the last few weeks but it seems they're humans physically filling out the registration forms and then using bots to post.

So I've completely changed the spam software and am messing around with the settings now.

Also removing 18,000+ accounts that haven't ever posted. That should help a bit.

While the forum is running the processes it needs to, it will queue postings to the forums so you might find a couple of seconds lag time before submitting and seeing your post.
Thanks Dan

As most of these scam posts come from US universities, makes you wonder what the mentality of the Worlds Police Force is made up from, Cretins all of them.

I'm pretty sure the posts are to buy fake degrees from non-existent Universities that sound like existing unis.

Apparently it's a bit of an earner. :)

on a side note to Dan and Lou..... I'm getting a shiteload of google ads.all over the forum, top of page and between posts. anything that can be done. I've already selected ad preference ON and deleted all categories.

I've reconfigured the ads again. You should find as long as you post at least once every two weeks you only end up with one or two Google ads now.

As for the ad-content @camerabloke, that's more to do with your own browsing patterns and settings and whatnot. But if you have won 20, send a couple my way. :D

I'm pretty sure the posts are to buy fake degrees from non-existent Universities that sound like existing unis.

Apparently it's a bit of an earner. :)
Bit like buying a portfolio fro ebay then

Reply to May find a bit of forum lag while I'm updating things in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net