Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss MC3/MC4 adaptor cables - any demand? in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. SibertSolar

SibertSolar Solar Guru

Business Name:
    Sibert Solar
    Hi all,

I realise that the use of MC3 connectors is pretty much non-existent anymore but are there those out there that would be interested in short (100mm, 4mm2 PV wire) lengths of pre-terminated MC3 to MC4 adaptor cables? I'm toying with the idea of putting some on our shelves. Selling price likely to be around £2.50ea (mods - remove that line if you wish) to give you an idea - just trying to gauge potential demand given that it's almost an obsolete connector design now....

Thanks in advance,

Andy

2. Cbigfoot

Cbigfoot Electrician's Arms

Would save haivng to buy a crimper for mc3 when the customer wants sanyo panels..

3. tommac1

tommac1 EF Member

Yes I would definately have them for Sanyo jobs.

4. Flyingsparks

Flyingsparks Regular EF Member

These would make the job so much easier when installing Sanyo panels.
    Wish I had seen these before buying MC3 assembly tool !

5. SibertSolar

SibertSolar Solar Guru

Business Name:
    Sibert Solar
    Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated. Seems there is still demand for these so we'll put a few hundred on the shelf in about a week's time in case anyone needs any,

Andy

6. BruceB

BruceB Electrician's Arms

Personally I just snip off the MC3 connectors at the end of a string and crimp on MC4 as required.

7. Flyingsparks

Flyingsparks Regular EF Member

I have also done this in the past, but am worried about warranty claim problems should the panel fail in the future and have to be returned.

8. yellowvanman

yellowvanman Electrician's Arms

Then use the snipped off MC3 piece and put on an MC4 connector and use it for the last connection in your string so you only have to cut off one end off and invalidate warranty on 1 panel instead of 2.