Discuss MCB, RCD & AFDD all in one in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

So the test button is for the RCD and not the AFDD I'm guessing.

Anybody know if there is a prescribed disconnection time that these AFDDs will have to meet?

Just wondering how they can be tested. New setting on the multifunction testers will be next I reckon £££

The all in one 3 module width jobby from MEM Eaton is actually cheaper than the equivalent from Siemens, a 1 module width AFDD that mates with a 2 module width SP+N RCBO.
At the moment there's not many players in the marketplace, hence the ridiculously high pricing. That will change over the next 6-12 months.

So the test button is for the RCD and not the AFDD I'm guessing.

Anybody know if there is a prescribed disconnection time that these AFDDs will have to meet?

Just wondering how they can be tested. New setting on the multifunction testers will be next I reckon £££
There isn’t any way to test AFDDs, without reducing their longevity or making them unserviceable.
All you do is look at the indicator, if it’s green, good to go.
If it’s red, replace.

Its all getting out of hand to be honest. Electricians are being taken for total mugs these days. Glad i dont do any domestic work anymore.
I've never done domestic

Will industrial electricians be exempt from fitting these things, are they only to be fitted in residential properties

I have literally no idea what they are for

I haven't been paying attention to be honest.

These things have been around a while across the pond and it seems there is test equipment available, e.g. Greenlee AFI-100. As has already been suggested, I reckon the MFT manufacturers will waste no time jumping on the bandwagon and launch a new range of 18th ed. testers with this as new functionality.

These things have been around a while across the pond and it seems there is test equipment available, e.g. Greenlee AFI-100. As has already been suggested, I reckon the MFT manufacturers will waste no time jumping on the bandwagon and launch a new range of 18th ed. testers with this as new functionality.
Fluke T+PRO Electrical Tester 95969327923 | eBay - https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fluke-T-PRO-Electrical-Tester/192561592597?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D52962%26meid%3D8571d8a5e7bf47c19c22ab9f028b3791%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D192561592597%26itm%3D192561592597&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3Aad82fb35-82d4-11e8-9456-74dbd1803e5b%7Cparentrq%3A7af254541640add89ecbb937fff225ca%7Ciid%3A1

Well at least fluke do a tester, so it's another one for the collection.

I just meant that as i work for a big company it doesn't matter to me personally as we fit whatever the spec is for the client.

The price for complying with these new regs is going to be a pain for small domestic jobs when changing boards etc. Just more expense for everyone.

I've never done domestic

Will industrial electricians be exempt from fitting these things, are they only to be fitted in residential properties

I just meant that as i work for a big company it doesn't matter to me personally as we fit whatever the spec is for the client.

The price for complying with these new regs is going to be a pain for small domestic jobs when changing boards etc. Just more expense for everyone.

I've never done domestic

Reply to MCB, RCD & AFDD all in one in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net