Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss MCG Industrial anyone else used. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. chris day

chris day Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    Chris peter
    Hello guys

My suppliers CEF recently gave me an MCG consumer unit instead of my regular Hager.
    After installing i will not be using again as it was very poor quality, has anyone else used an MCG product before and am i just being paranoid when i say i feel uncomfortable installing such an unknown brand?
    MCG is a CEF branded product

Kind Regards

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 6:49 AM
  2. Pete999

Pete999 Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    None
    Having been non working for a while now does, or has that brand MCG have any connection with the "PROTEOUS" carp?

3. stevethesparks

stevethesparks Electrician's Arms

I'm pretty sure it is rebadged Proteus.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. chris day

chris day Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    Chris peter
    Good morning Pete, MCG is a CEF affiliate product so i would say yes to your question

5. Pete999

Pete999 Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    None
    Morning Mate, years back when I was overseas working I used CEF and Proteus was their own brand I believe, used it once, never ever again, installed what they had supplied, lasted about three days and it all fell to bits, called them up from where I was working and they sent me a Merlin Gerin replacement tried to charge me shipping and whatever, I argued that when I got back to UK.

6. Risteard

Risteard Respected Member

Business Name:
    Walsh Electrical Services
    Used MCG a couple of times. (Usually use Hager.) It's a different company to Proteus, though from what I understand also owned by CEF.

I've had no issues with the MCG gear.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. ChrisElectrical88

ChrisElectrical88 Forum Mentor

Proteus, MCG, CPN, Chint. Budget trash.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Matthewd29

Matthewd29 Regular EF Member

It is rebadged chint. Absolute cheap rubbish they are constantly tying to sell me drive tried it and it's one of the worst I've came across. Proteus, mcg, chint, lewden and mk boards are all brands I'd avoid like the plague

9. stevethesparks

stevethesparks Electrician's Arms

My mistake, I think it was M2 that I have seen a reference to proteus, not MCG.