Discuss MCS Accreditation help! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sbwelsh8

We are installing our 1st install for our MCS, its under 4kw so ive been told we dont need to contact or inform my energy provider until after the install?

How long after the install do I inform them? Do I need any forms etc to send them? Who do I contact?
Do I contact them as soon as its generating or when it's been tested/comissioned?

Sorry to sound a bit dumb but just need it clear as im hearing different views!

Many Thanks

The system has to be under 3.68kW or the DNO requires you to notify them for permision before you switch on, providing it is less you can install,switch on and notify them within 30 days by sending them a G83/1 form , you need to contact your DNO for the area you are in , (ie.. i'm in Bristol so it's Western Power).
You also need to send a FIT form to the energy provider and notify the AC side to your scheme provider (NIC-EIC or whoever you use).
The DNO will also require schematics and test results to be sent with the G83/1.

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
30 days. Forms from the local DNO (the company that runs the wires) email or post to the address on the form.

At a rough guess you maybe WPD in Wales.

Remember, Google is your friend ;)

notify the AC side to your scheme provider (NIC-EIC or whoever you use).
The DNO will also require schematics and test results to be sent with the G83/1.

Lee[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much for that! Just what I needed! But what do you mean by the AC side?

Thanks!

You require an AC circuit to run your inverter , normally a 16a circuit from your consumer unit , to do this it should be notified to the Local Building Control , if you are not in a NIC-EIC type scheme(other schemes are available!!)you should get somebody who is to do this for you.
Hope this helps.

Lee

How long after the install do I inform them? Within 30 days

Do I need any forms etc to send them? G83/1-1 download from your regional DNO Distribution network operator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who do I contact? As above

Do I contact them as soon as its generating or when it's been tested/comissioned? Once you've completed the install.

Send with the G83 form, system schematics, electrical cert for the radial circuit you installed for the PV system and G83 type certificate of the inverter.

Last edited:

Reply to MCS Accreditation help! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock