Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

MCS assesment

Discussion in 'Solar PV Forum' started by J-low, May 28, 2013.

Discuss MCS assesment in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. J-low

J-low EF Member

I have been asked by niceic assessor how I confirm the materials from my wholesaler are MCS compliant...Any ideas?? It's a simple question but I'm stumped

2. whinmoor

whinmoor Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Medoria Solar
    Only the panels need to be. Look for the MCS symbol on the datasheet or check registered products on the MCS website.

3. Gavin A

Gavin A Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Leeds Solar
    download the MCS certificate for the panels and keep on file.

4. BruceB

BruceB Electrician's Arms

There are two bits in the relevant para of mis3002, the one on panels that Gavin mentions and the more general one:
    "Equipment should be suitable for its application and have a manufacturer’s declaration of conformity for the appropriate standard"
    So the answer to your question is probably that the other equipment has to conform to an appropriate standard, eg BS or EN and if I understand correctly then from July be CE marked.

5. Worcester

Worcester Trusted Advisor

We have often been asked for either the CE or TUV certificate for the mounting systems that we used, going forward I guess they'll want to see the MCS012 certificates as well..

Last edited: May 29, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.